1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sagging headliner.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Mike N, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Mike N

Mike N New Member

The headliner (padding on underside of the roof) in my Prius is not firmly up against the underside of the roof. There is a couple of inches of give before it hits the roof. My dealer's service writer said that was normal as he checked another Prius and it was the same. Is anybody elses headliner loose like that or is he just trying to avoid having to fix it?
    This is the same writer that, when I asked him to check the front end alignment because of wandering, told me his alignment computer didn't have the 2004 data installed yet and I should come back in a few weeks. That was last week. I guess he thought he was dealing with a woman. (How's that for sexist?) Time to find a different dealership for service.

:guns:

2. woemcats

woemcats New Member

I know this is an old topic, but mine is that way too. So maybe they ARE supposed to be that way, maybe because the roof is so huge.

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Completely normal. It's this way on most cars. Every car we have has a headliner like this. Mainly the luxury cars.

4. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

It is indeed normal; that're all like this.

5. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

I would assume it's like this to help with acoustics?