1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Salesmen's Commission

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Charles Ingalls, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Charles Ingalls

Charles Ingalls New Member

So can anyone tell me roughly how much my salesman (New England area if that matters) made for commission on my package 3 msrp prius? Just wondering. He was a pretty good guy, surprisingly.

2. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

My guess would be a few hundred bucks, based on having read some stories from salespeople on the net. Most of the profit goes to the dealer; the salespeople don't get much.

3. bad monkey

bad monkey New Member

At the dealership my father-in-law worked at, it was 13% on the dealer mark-up and 13% of the back-end (lojack, service plan, warranty, and oddly enough, a percentage of the profit the dealer gets from the financing company if you finance through the dealer.)

The final figure when he sold me my package 8 was $1500. I paid cash, got lojack, and no extra warranty.

4. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It varies widely from store to store. Typically it's 20-30% of the margin above invoice - after PAC withholding, which can also vary widely. On a Pck 3 he probably made $200-$300.