1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Salsa red #4, ordered May 18, 2005, Knoxville TN

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by nanbow, May 19, 2005.

1. nanbow

nanbow New Member

Date Ordered: May 18, 2005
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Toyota of Knoxville TN
    Timeframe given for delivery: 3 to 6 months
    Color: Salsa Red Pearl
    Option Package: AM #4
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: Not sure - they'll call in a month

Gee, that was kind of anti-climactic. I studied and carefully selected my dealership. Ordering over the phone was convenient and this dealership does not require a deposit, so that's a plus. But all I have right now is a promise....

I feel like Peggy Lee. Is that all there is to ordering your very first new red hot midlife crisis mobile?

2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    It's easy to order isn't it. The hard part is the wait.

3. nanbow

nanbow New Member

It's almost mine!

I had a funny feeling about how the order went with Toyota of Knox. They just took my name and phone number and it just didn't feel very official.
    I called around to some other dealers just to see if I could lessen the wait any. Rusty Wallace in Morristown told me they had exactly what I wanted allocated to them and no one had claimed it yet.

It was supposed to arrive June 24. Well, they called to let me know they took it off the truck Friday night! One week early!! I get to pick it up Monday night. Oh, joy!

Now I'm just trying to get over the fatalistic thinking that it'll be the wrong color or package.....

4. nanbow

nanbow New Member

She's home!

I picked her up last night, and have put 180 miles on it in less than 24 hours. I've never felt this way about a machine before. Such elegant perfection!

5. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    5 points to the NooB and 5 more for getting the best color!

6. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

I ordered mine as soon as I read about the Prius. Ordered 1 from Cleveland Ohio and 1 from Wilmington NC. 1000.00 deposit in both places, but I obviously got that back from the slow dealership. Picked up the Prius in Cleveland about Dec 15th 2003. Now I have 30,000 miles on it and love every minute!! I've owned Jaguars, Corvettes, Morgans, you name it, but this is the most thrilling vehicle ever!! I read in several magazines that the tire wear was bad. My tires look like new after 30,000. Read elsewhere that the acceleration was poor. Not many vehicles can stay with me away from a light or if they do they've used more gas than I will all week. Fabulous car I only wish the American companies would have done this first!!