1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Salsa Red / AM (#7) / Sept. 6, '03 / Chicago, IL

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by chgomatt, Jan 2, 2004.

1. chgomatt

chgomatt New Member

Date Ordered: Sept. 6, 2003
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Bredemann Toyota, Park Ridge, IL
    Timeframe given for delivery: 4-6 wks after "Internet orders" were filled
    Color: Salsa Red Pearl
    Option Package: AM
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: 3 when ordered. Now they tell me I'm next. Call me a skeptic, but I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

<Begin rant>
    If I didn't admire the technology and appreciate the partial zero emissions so much I would have thrown in the towel long ago. This car seems SO worth the wait, but I'm becoming more and more impatient. Not sure how much longer I am willing to wait. It seems that by the time my "pre-order" arrives, I will likely be able to buy a used 2004.....

This will be my first Toyota. I have heard so much good about Toyota in general. I was very impressed after researching Toyota's philosophy and future plans regarding transition from dino to non-dino technology. Studied Toyota's hybrid technology and shopped the classic Prius for over a year. Finally decided in April '03 to wait for the '04 model and be one of the first to own the bigger, better, cleaner one.

At the rate this is going, not only will I not be one of the first, it doesn't seem I'll ever own one of these :(

I think Toyota's vision and technology are extraordinary when it comes to the Prius. But I also think they need to put a little thought into their distribution system. Obviously totally random with no basis in rationality. But then again, why should they care about distribution? They will sell every unit they produce. Doesn't matter if they get any bad press about lack of availablility. That just increases desire on the part of those who would never have considered the car in the first place.

Tuesday will be 4 months since I placed my order and put down my $$. As far as I can see (and from what I have been told) it can easily be another 4 months until a car matching my order makes it to my dealer. That just seems absurd to me.

Wondering if I should go back to dealer and put down a deposit for a 2005 Prius and see which one gets here first.
    <End rant>

Totally frustrated in Chicago