1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Salsa Red, Option 9, 01.12.2004, Santa Clara, CA

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by plusaf, Feb 21, 2004.

1. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Date Ordered: January 12, 2004
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Stevens Creek Toyota, Santa Clara, CA
    Timeframe given for delivery: 120 days before they refund $500 deposit: ~May 12, 2004
    Color: Salsa Red, second option: Driftwood Pearl
    Option Package: #9
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: don't know exactly 1-200?

2. halfbreed

halfbreed Junior Member

I went there but when they said the deposit was not refundable I walked out, it gave me a bad feeling. I'm not even sure that's legal. They said they get more Prius's than anyone else but that's what everyone else seems to say.
    I hope you get what you want without too much wait, but I would put down deposits at several dealers that will refund them, and be as flexible as possible about color and package.

3. vintagebob

vintagebob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm with Halfbreed on this one. They told me I couldn't even get my deposit back if I didn't like the car and didn't buy it?! I walked away...

4. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    St. Crk. Toyota's tune may have changed, as well as their policies...

see attached form.......if it uploads......

one thing to note is that my initial contact with them was via the web, and i signed this with one of their Fleet sales guys. that might make a difference, but i'm not sure....

fyi, anyway!

5. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    as elsewhere posted, i bought a silver BC/leather saturday 4/10, and called Stevens Creek Toyota today (12th) to cancel. they sounded like they'd be doing me a favor by cancelling.

if they don't let me cancel the order, i just might buy it and sell it to someone on the priuschat.com, at my cost............

if they want to hook me for $500 for the deposit, i'll either buy it and resell it or take them to small claims court.....

6. thockin

thockin New Member

As noble an idea as that is, the problem is that the second buyer would have to pay tax on your after-tax price, and would lose the federal tax credit, even if you never drove the car a single foot.

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Not if they coordinated it to do it all at the dealership - 2nd Buyer comes in and does all of the paperwork and payment instead of plusaf. That way plusaf doesn't have to buy the car, gets his deposit back, 2nd buyer pays tax once and gets the tax credit.

Baddabing, baddaboom!

8. Ophelia

Ophelia New Member

I went to St Crk within the last two weeks. They had sold their demo model the day before, were fairly rude, but did invite me to plunk down my deposit.

Needless to say, went elsewhere. Have found the knowledgebase amongst sales folks to vary wildly, generally not for the better. Surprised since they all say they have 75 to 100 Prius on back order.

9. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I may be wrong about this, but I read somewhere (here maybe?) that it's illegal to require a non-refundable deposit in California.

10. thockin

thockin New Member

I think that is correct..

11. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    my dealer is Sinclair Rotters in Olympia, WA and when i ordered my Prius, they would not give a deadline for delivery.

They said that because the backlog was so extensive, they asked that i waive the time frame and i did.

besides im not interested in getting my deposit back, i just wanted the car!

12. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :)
    According to the finance guy and several other folks at Fremont Toyota, it is illegal for Stevens Creek Toyota to not refund my deposit.

FT has phoned me several times to make sure i'm satisfied, they fixed a small problem today (the outsourcer who did the leather interior stripped one screw on the console cover (which was also done in matching leather!), and FT solved the problem.

I'm going back tomorrow morning to have the paint/leather/fabric/undercoat service done for another $300 or so. so far, these guys are good! also got a made-to-fit front window reflective sunshade today (fits perfectly!) and they'll have the cargo net in tomorrow. the parts guy, on his own, checked the one on the shelf to make sure it fit the '04, and found that the label was misleading. although the label said "Prius", it was for an '03, and the '04 had a different part number. and the service guy said they'd try to get me a loaner/rental tomorrow, even though it's not policy. it'll take all day to do the stuff on the car. i'll just hang around and annoy customers and sales reps for 8 hours or so.... :lol:

so far, so good, and Stevens Creek is digging themselves a deep hole, hour by hour.