1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Salsa Red vs. Barcelona

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Mia, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Mia

Mia New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I hope I didn't make a mistake!!! I ordered my Prius in Barcelona red (at first not liking red at all) after seeing a red one on the LIE around exit 61. I loved it!! Now I'm starting to realize there are or were two different reds, Barcelona and Salsa (the latter being discontinued). I never actually laid eyes on the color but assumed that the one I saw on the LIE was the one I was getting. Now I'm not so sure. The one I liked was actually a darker red sort of like the Camray. Can anyone shed some light on this??

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Barcelona Red is candy apple red (see the new 07 Camry)

Salsa Red is a darker red akin to red wine (probably why they call it Merlot Red in AU/NZ).

3. chrisberry

chrisberry New Member

I'm concerned about the same thing (barcelona red vs. salsa red.) I think I've seen the salsa red and liked it, but concerned the barcelona is a much brighter red.

Has your car arrived...and is it the color what you expected?

4. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Barcelona Red:

[​IMG]

Salsa Red:

[​IMG]

They're both nice colors; hope you'll be happy with yours!

5. chrisberry

chrisberry New Member

Thanks very much for posting the photos. I think I've seen the Salsa red on the road...don't know if I've actually ever seen the barcelona red...(except in photos)

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kris60 @ Nov 9 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]346535[/snapback]</div>
    Barcelona Red is also available on the new Camry and RAV4 so you can always drop by the dealer and see if they have those vehicles in BR.

7. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Warwind @ Nov 9 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]346518[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, that's my car! I like the salsa red, but it does tend to soak up more heat on a hot and sunny day than the silver car it replaced, or so it seems. When I bought our car, I was basically calling dealers and looking for a specific package, color was not a biggy as long as wasn't white, vetoed by my SO, or black, vetoed by me, hard to keep clean looking, and hot in the summers. That pic was taken about 900 miles into a 1200 mile trip, the car was actually pretty nasty looking but you can't really see it in the photos.

8. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Nov 9 2006, 05:28 PM) [snapback]346569[/snapback]</div>
    I figured you wouldn't mind my posting it, since it's already out there on another thread. It was the first Salsa Red I found. :)

I originally wanted Silver Pine Mica but couldn't get one in that color, was very unsure about the Barcelona Red sight unseen, but of course now I love it.

9. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Warwind @ Nov 9 2006, 05:30 PM) [snapback]346574[/snapback]</div>
    No problem at all, I was just curious what barcelona red looked like and happened to see it.

10. Mia

Mia New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ok, so I think I might be a little bit bummed. I was hoping for the Salsa (seems almost like a burgandy which is really what I wanted). Oh well, I'm still excited.

I havn't heard yet about my order. It's been 4 weeks so I'm going to call tomorrow and see if there's any word.

Thanks, I really appreciate the pictures. At least now I'll be prepared when I see it.

11. Mia

Mia New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  12. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Don't know; maybe john1701 (or Toyota) used Photoshop to make the cars different colors. The photos I posted are the correct colors. Though maybe the shot of my Barcelona Red makes the color look brighter than it normally is--the sun was hitting it full on.

Check out this thread for some "calmer" pics of the Barcelona Red.

But trust me, you'll love the color when you actually see it. :)

13. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Warwind @ Nov 10 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]347239[/snapback]</div>
    My wife generally doesn't like red cars, but she really likes the Barcelona Red. :)

I like it, too!

14. EricGo

EricGo New Member

I'm still a little bummed I didn't get Barcelona Red at the time. Or blue, for that matter LOL !

Ah well, I still think our Prius is a super car.

15. Mia

Mia New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So what color did you get?

So what color did you get? I also like the magnetic grey.

oops, didn't mean to stutter!

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Turns out we had the choice of the barcelona red and silver pine. We decided to go with the silver pine. Just picked it up last Saturday.

By the way, I really like the magnetic gray, too. I think that color is actually my favorite.