1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Samsung A900 not connecting

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mnTT, Jan 16, 2006.

1. mnTT

mnTT New Member

I just picked up my seaside pearl #5 this weekend.

I have a Samsung A900 phone. I can't get the prius to connect to the phone. The phone recognizes the car, but when trying to register I get an error message saying that the connected failed from the prius.

Has anyone connected a A900? I'm probably missing something.

What are the steps to register the phone?

Thanks

2. ttabbal

ttabbal New Member

I don't know the menus on that phone, but on my RAZR you just tell the car you want to connect a new phone, then tell the phone to look for headsets. Do NOT use the "Find Me" option on the phone, you want the phone to look for a headset to talk to.

The phone should ask if you want to pair with "HANDS FREE" (the default name in the Prius). Say yes, then it should ask you to enter the passcode (1111 is the default). Enter it, hit OK on the phone, and it should link up to the car without issue. It took me about 1 minute to link my phone up.

For the phone side, check the book for the phone. It should tell you what menu commands to use to connect to a BT headset.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Vagabond, the PriusChat Sprint PCS guru, has discussed the Samsung a900 extensively on the Sprint and Bluetooth thread.