1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Samsung i730 with Verizon

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Sev, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Sev

Sev Junior Member

Does anyone know if the Samsung i730 Pocket PC phone from Verizon will synch with a 2006 Prius?

2. sweden prius

sweden prius New Member

Not sure about the i730 but i tried my D600 end EHS720 (both samsung) with my Prius 06, they both work fine. Although tricky to upload the phonebook. Anyway, Samsung bluetooth seems to finction well

3. Sev

Sev Junior Member

Were those with Verizon service? Verizon is notorius for disabling some of the capabilities of Bluetooth.

4. sweden prius

sweden prius New Member

Verizon? Hmm. I live in Sweden, Europe, and know nothing about Verizon.

5. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you mean add the Prius as a bluetooth device on the phone for hands free operation, then yes. I believe the phone books can be transferred, but I have not messed with that.

6. evil_attorney

evil_attorney New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mine works as a bluetooth headset with the 730. I had occaisonal problems when I would keep the phone in my pocket, but when I put it in the center cup holder I never have any issues.

I haven't figured out how to transfer the phone book.

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i dont think you will be able to transfer the phone book

8. SirGreen

SirGreen New Member

Hello, I just got my first Prius yesterday, 2006 Blue with the leather.
    I just wanted to know what is the best Verison bluetooth phone to get
    to work with my Prius?

9. GregorM

GregorM New Member

There is way, its just not pretty. The problem is outlook formats the phonenumber, 9995551212 becomes (999) 555-1212, you have to trick outlook into storing it unformatted by using a +.

so for local numbers, change your number via pc or phone to.

+5551212
    or
    +9995551212

for long distance number
    ++19995551212 (yes two +s, and a 1, your breaking outlook's dialing rule too)

on my 2006, it sends the + signs but both car and phone ignores them and dials properly.

10. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Ahhh, this i believe. should have known a problem would involve microsoft somehow...

11. GregorM

GregorM New Member

found another/better way, for the i730. probably all winmobile phones. The problem with the first way i found is caller-id doesnt work. the i730 sends the prius the phonenumber as it has it in the contact list, not as caller-id sends it, so...

On your phone, if you goto to settings->system->Regional Settings and pick a language/country where US numbers dont trigger formatting the number, like English (Zimbabwe) you can enter the number correctly in the contacts like caller-id would send it. i.e ten digit with area code - 9995551212. it has to be 10 digits for local. the dial rule is still broken, so you need to add a 1 for longdistance, possble a +1, havent recieved a long distance call yet. but web searching suggests a +1 instead of a 1 might be needed for caller-id to work on long distance

beam your contacts then change the Regional Settings back. as long as you dont edit the phone number field, it will stay unformatted. when you sync it the pc will still format, so the down side is you have to change a phone number on the i730, not the pc, but the caller-id will work.

12. kellsworthington

kellsworthington New Member

When I spoke to samsung, they told me that none of the Samsung phones work with the Prius. Something about using a different bluetooth chip.

Some people say they got their samsung phones to work. I had 2 samsung phones and neither of them worked with my prius. I had to get a sony ericsson, which works fine.

I will never buy samsung again.