1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

San Diego Fireworks Show Ignites All At Once

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Rebound, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've always that that fireworks shows would be more fun if they moved at a faster pace, but that was bit excessive.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This happened a few years ago in a neighboring town. The barge exploded, sending shrapnel through the crowd. People were seriously injured, one died.

I happened to be watching from across the bay, about 20 miles away. When the detonation occurred, it looked just like a military grade explosion with a hemispherical shock wave. I was perplexed until I realized that the show had suddenly stopped. Then it was obvious that something bad had happened.

For our local fireworks show, the mortar tubes are buried in the sand on the beach. If anything explodes, the sand helps absorb the energy. The shells are lobbed out over the water, which makes it safer for everyone on shore, but sometimes a bit exciting for the numerous boaters who insist on anchoring immediately down range. They generally get swept by two or three short rounds each year.

Tom