1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

San Diego Prius purchase

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by rubydick, Jan 7, 2006.

1. rubydick

rubydick New Member

Just wanted to give board members details of my recent purchase. On Dec. 30th, went looking for a 2006 Prius, after a month of contacting dealers, some of whom were asking up to $5000 above MSRP.

I personally visited three dealers, one in Temecula, one in Escondido and one in Poway. Each of them had 2006 Prius in stock. Each of them was asking MSRP. I ended up purchasing exactly what I wanted (Silver, Package 3) from Lynne at Poway Toyota. She and Larry took great care of me. My final purchase price (not counting TTL) was $500 below MSRP; the car did not have any added dealer items. Took delivery on Jan. 1st so I do qualify for the tax credit.

I did my homework in advance, had all my numbers down and the experience was great (meaning painless). Love the car, and after 400 miles am averaging nearly 47 MPG. Highly recommend Poway Toyota.

2. thejq

thejq Junior Member

I had some good experience at Kearny Mesa Toyota. Although I spent 2 hrs negotiating, in the end I saved around 5-700, combined with trade in.