1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

San Francisco Police Department.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Sep 1, 2006.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Please listen closely to the following media release issued on 8/8/2006 at
    3:22 PM by the San Francisco Police Officers Association President. I'm sure for some of you it will hit a nerve.

http://mfile.akamai.com/12948/wmv/vod.ibsy...591734.300k.asx

I did a little more research for the original story found on another site :mellow:
    This is the correct head line :

SAN FRANCISCO: SF Police Officers Association President Gary Delagnes Lashes Out At Judical System And the Media .

The other site had it listed as Liberals (my bad for not researching further).

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 1 2006, 09:08 AM) [snapback]312783[/snapback]</div>
    I got a $100.00 here that says these judges are liberals.

The speaker is right the media is a steaming pile of . . . [attachmentid=4766]

Just Another instance of the far lefts effort to redfine good as bad and bad as good. No wonder they loved Clinton so much.

[attachmentid=4767]

Attached Files:

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Without knowing the FACTS its hard to say anything about the situation and be intelligent about it. Funny blaming the leftist and making comments about them has zero to do with this issue, especially when you don't have all the details but I would expect nothing less from the simple minded.

If everything were to be based off that one link (which it shouldnt) then I would agree the guy that the officer should not be critisized for doing his job. The stuff criminals get away with today is simply insane. I'm pretty far left on some issues but concerning criminals of high caliber I have very little tolerance. I grew up with them so I know how they think and rehab is not really the answer in a lot of cases.

I've done 2 ride-alongs in SF in the Mission and Castro District and I have seen some of the stuff that goes on out there and how some of the officers handle themselves and I will say that sometimes events can be provoked but if he was indeed chasing the suspects after an armed robbery well then, all is fair game IMO.

When the spokesperson mentions felonies, what exactly are those felonies? I mean technically I could have a felony arrest if an officer were to find out I have modified my smog equipment on my rac etruck. :/

4. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Sep 1 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]312850[/snapback]</div>
    Jumping to partisan conclusions is typical for this person. Instead of actually trying to find solutions, everything is considered as ammunition to attack, facts be damned.
    :rolleyes:

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ya know, there are a multitude of felons on the streets for a multitude of reasons. They're put there by loop-holes in the law, by parole panels, by judges, etc. Sometimes it's due to overcrowding, sometimes it's in error.

But to even suggest that a judge would intentionally put a hardened criminal on the street with the intent of thumbing his nose at the law, or at the safety of the public and police is just stupid. You guys should be ashamed and embarrased that you can't think of something just a tad more intelligent and factual to plead your right wing case.

You don't see liberals running around saying that the reason Bush went into Iraq was to commit genocide against the Iraqi people even though the end result of his actions was that tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis have died. I don't don't that what Bush has done he thought was best. Nor do I doubt that when this murdering criminal was release that it was not done easily, without due consideration, and within the limits of the law.

To extrapolate more than that is, I repeat, just insipid.

6. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(triphop @ Sep 1 2006, 11:21 AM) [snapback]312867[/snapback]</div>
    Prove me wrong and I will apologize. <_<

[attachmentid=4770]

Attached Files:

• cow.gif
      cow.gif
      File size:
      1.1 KB
      Views:
  7. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The ignore feature actually works! Sweet!

8. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Sep 1 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]312907[/snapback]</div>
    In this country we do the: Innocent until proven Guilty thing. I understand that might be inconvenient to you partisan hacks who spread the BS and the lies, but maybe you'd like to move. That sure would cut the stink in the joint.

9. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(triphop @ Sep 1 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]312916[/snapback]</div>
    Kinda reminds me of the BS that Steven Miloy spews with his so called "scientific evidence".

10. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 1 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]312906[/snapback]</div>
    Efusco please remember that it is best to "Keep you mouth shut and thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt." [attachmentid=4773]

First the only reply to priusguy's topic post was by me, an independent. His only input did not include any opinion WHATSOEVER about the Judge or the circumstances behind the story. You owe him an apology. <_< My post never suggests anything of the sort that you are accusing me of therefore, my reaction follows . . . [attachmentid=4771] and yes we do not see them running around saying Bush entered Iraq to kill Iraqi's but we hear it all the time on the FHOP which is Moderated by you, Tony and tag. You yourself stated that Bush invaded Iraq without justification. If it was not justified he must have then entered it for the sole reason of killing Iraqi's. Am I wrong?

In addition in the law negligence can rise to level of being intentional, but I never brought that up until you accused me of that. When a repeat felon gets bailed out and commits another crime on bail and a judge lets him out the second time or third time so that he can reenter society and commit more criminal acts that negligence IMO borders on intentional. Especially with as long a criminal history as this thug has. Did any of you that replied to this topic think to listen to the video or at least do a cursory search on Google? Until you do so please reread my first sentence. But I didn't say that in my first post and I am not yet saying it here until I have all the facts not just the few I have already collected. I do know through research that this guy is scum and a criminal of the worst kind. If you think he belongs out in society why don't you write the Liberal Judge and ask him/her to send that skel to your neighborhood?

Insipid? What a tame and lame word for what is going on here. I prefer contemptible for the liberal's here and that wannbe liberal politician that immediately went to the media to attack the very people that are protecting her/him and started raising questions about police conduct.

con•tempt•ible
    Pronunciation: k&n-'tem(p)-t&-b&l
    Function: adjective
    1 : worthy of contempt
    2 obsolete : SCORNFUL, CONTEMPTUOUS
    3 alternative definition: see priuschat members efusco, triphop and F8L [attachmentid=4771]

[attachmentid=4772]

p.s. priusguy #1,2,4 etc. . . Too many to count they just wrapped them all into one festering attack.

Attached Files:

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(triphop @ Sep 1 2006, 04:33 PM) [snapback]312916[/snapback]</div>
    Then again it could be said, the independents & republicans think the same of you and your party. :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :lol: :p

12. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 1 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]312926[/snapback]</div>
    Independants - hahaha. You're only "independant" in your mind. At least I know what I am.

Independant - yah, really.

13. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where of where to start...but then it's a waste of time since you lack the intellect to comprehend and the moral compass to care....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Sep 1 2006, 03:59 PM) [snapback]312924[/snapback]</div>
    Yea...I'm the fool. Good call on that. I present a rational fair set of possible reasons for the individual to have been released all the while acknowledging the error of it whatever the reason, but only stating that to blame a "liberal judge" with ZERO evidence is foolish. And that makes me the fool.

Whatever. You've stated nothing that I've ever read on this forum that suggests anything but very strong right wing leanings....indeed so far to the extreme right that most republicans wouldn't concur on your views. Your voter registration might read independent, but that's really not any indication of one's true political beliefs and standings.

You tried, in a prior thread, to escape responsibility for things that you put in the sub-title of your post, and, apparently, are doing the same here. He states, explicitly, in the sub-title that he blames a liberal judge for this. No apology to him or you for my statements...which are dead on.

As a matter of fact you are wrong...again...as usual. You're wrong b/c, as usual, if someone's view doesn't agree with your own your mind concocts some conspiracy out of the ether to explain it. No one, in FHOP or any reasonable individual I've ever spoken with has ever suggested Bush intended genocide in Iraq.

On that we agree. He shouldn't have been released, but the factors as to why he was released are not clear. Whatever the reasons it isn't b/c the Judge is liberal, it's b/c he's incompetent be he liberal, conservative or "Independent" :blink:

sorry, the lame disclaimer hardly offsets your clear blame and bias.

Insipid was chosen b/c it was the closest I could come without violating PC policy.

14. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And Wildkow or PriusGuy04.
    Let us assume, for the moment, that it turns out that the last judge that allowed bail to this guy that got him on the streets was, indeed, a liberal. He sided with gay marriage, he voted for Clinton, he eats tofu.

How, and in what way, do you think this particular political and social leaning would make him more likely to release a known felon to the streets than a conservative judge dealing with the same set of laws, facts and lawyers?

What 'liberal agenda' would be satisfied, as you guys see it, by him/her doing so?

I'll tell you that there ain't nothing in my political leanings that makes me want to go easy on felons. I've never voted for someone b/c they'd go easy on felons. I've never heard a political speach from a liberal that suggests we go easy on felons. But maybe I'm not reading the same facts.

Please, without attacking me or any other members of the PriusChat forum that disagree with your perspective, give a clear explaination of the above and how you rationalize it.

15. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Sep 1 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]312910[/snapback]</div>
    Consider yourself lucky. I pretty much HAVE to read all new threads and all new posts.

16. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Sep 1 2006, 08:41 PM) [snapback]312932[/snapback]</div>
    You poor guys lol

I'll try to keep my lame posts to a minimum then :)

17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 1 2006, 11:38 PM) [snapback]312931[/snapback]</div>
    1. None

2. None

3. -----

4. I have to stand corrected, I did more research and found the original site of the video and the headline does not state liberals in any shape or form.. The original headline reads: SAN FRANCISCO: SF Police Officers Association President Gary Delagnes Lashes Out At Judical System And the Media .
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/index.html

The other site had it listed as Liberals (my bad for not researching further before posting). :(

18. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Prety cool of you to come back and admit being wrong about that. :)

19. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 1 2006, 08:21 PM) [snapback]312930[/snapback]</div>
    Once again I have to ask

DID YOU LISTEN TO THE VIDEO?</span>
    ........................................................ [attachmentid=4776] ....................................................

<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE</div><div class=\'quotemain\'>He [priusguy04] states, explicitly, in the sub-title that he blames a liberal judge for this[/b][/quote]

ex·plic·it (k-splst)
    adj.
    ...a. Fully and clearly expressed; leaving nothing implied.
    ...b. Fully and clearly defined or formulated: "generalizations that are powerful, precise, and explicit" Frederick Turner.
    2. Forthright and unreserved in expression: They were explicit in their criticism.
    ...a. Readily observable: an explicit sign of trouble.

No NO NO! OMG! You guys are as dense as the rocks your ancestors evolved from.

Where in this statement is the word Judge where is this statement does it allude to Judges?

Title:. . . . . . . . . .San Francisco Police Deptarment
    Sub-title: . . . <span style="color:#FF0000">Has been pushed to the limit by liberals

If you had listened you would have known that Gary Delagnes, president of the Police Officers Association, first started out with a angry, but justified, tirade against 1) the SF media in general mostly liberal 2) a liberal politician Supervisor Tom Ammiano 3) and specifically the “Main Daily†San Francisco [attachmentid=4777] Chronicle a decidedly liberal newspaper for questioning the actions of Officer Nick Birco in the pursuit of these criminals and trying to put the blame on the officer instead of the criminals. See last paragraph for the final word on pursuit.

So when priusguy says that liberals pushed the SFPD to the limit not only is it factual but it’s true and correct. Even though he admits to the headline not being being the orginial the fact of the matter is that all these parties were liberals. Personally I didn't know he was quoting the headline from some source I thought the title and sub-title was all his. In any scenario it was the liberal media, press and politicians that pissed him off along with some unidentified Judge/s that may or may not be liberal. Priusguy never mentioned Judges, never blamed judges but you see fit to zero in on this part of the story in an effort to besmirch his good name and character. Not only are you a fool but a shameful one at that.
    Yes you do owe him an apology show as much class as he has and give it up.
    BTW I made a bet that the Judge was a liberal. I in no way suggested that the Judge/s were in fact liberals I made a BET!
    I could be wrong, but I doubt it! [attachmentid=4774] Nor did I insinuate that he/she intentionally released them and no one else would see it that way either unless they lived in your distorted part of reality. The bet still stands want to get in on the action? May give you some sense of satisfaction now that I have completely destroyed the slanderous accusations you have made in an attempt to besmirch priusguy04’s and my own good names and characters. Who knows I could be wrong but I doubt it![attachmentid=4774]

Furthermore, the criminal justice system is not even mentioned until halfway through the video when the POA President correctly points out that the skel’s have numerous felonies against them. . and . .and . . What This? He actually names what the felonies are! Gosh! Without having to do any research at all you have your answer F8L and triphop! Finally towards the last part of the video he takes about one minute of time to mention the judges and their possible culpability in this case along with his intended actions. <_<

The piece de resistance to this tale is sickening. The scumbag was able to finance his bail. Grrrrrrr…… :angry: BTW neither priusguy04 nor I pronounced this guy guilty and he will have a trial before his peers, as has always been the case in this great big beautiful God fearing country. Unlike here where false and slanderous accusations are made while the bottom feeders of society rush in and agree without so much as a single query made to understand what the writer of a post meant. Hey I still have a $100.00 bet any lefties want to rise up to defend the honor of your party? Didn’t think so. [attachmentid=4779]

BTW, Officer Birco was NOT a part of the immediate pursuit when he was killed! From my research (something you might try) and as far as I know he was attempting to lay down a spike strip when he changed his mind and was in the process of moving his patrol car when the scumbags ran a red light and killed him. So the actions by the liberal politicians and media was all the more egregious to his friends and family when they called into questions his actions pertaining to a pursuit.

[attachmentid=4778][attachmentid=4775]

p.s. priusguy04 you are a stand up um er. . . priusguy!

p.p.s. efusco before you put your foot in your mouth again here are a few of my more Lib. . . er Lib. . . oh damnit independent posts. . .
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=ST&...st&p=234610

http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=ST&...st&p=231291

http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=ST&...st&p=229914

http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=ST&...st&p=228382

etc. etc.. etc...

Attached Files:

20. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Hey Guys, this is getting nasty!

I listened to the video. It's a sad day when we lose a member of those who have committed to uphold the law so that the rest of us will be safe from those that are not law abiding citizens.

If the facts are true about the person who killed this officer, then it stands to common sense that the head of the police department would want to put this guy behind bars or worse.

So we have the means of doing it according to the law. It may mean someone will have to run for politics and get the law changed OR to unseat the opposition.

Enough said.

My heart goes out to the family, and the community who lost a member who gave his life in the line of duty that others might be protected.

It's a sad day when people say that evil is good and good is evil.