1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sandy Beach at the beach

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by greenbirder, May 25, 2009.

1. greenbirder

greenbirder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Picked up my Sandy Beach V on Friday, May 22. Since we live on Padre Island, couldn't wait to take it to the beach. It was early evening by the time we got there, but took pics, anyway.

We see by the posts that SB is "not a popular color." GOOD! We don't want to look like everyone else. So all you red, white, blue, & gray folks just enjoy your cars -- none of them would look as good on our beach as ours!

Attached Files:

14 people like this.
  2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Congratulations to the real first buyer in Texas! Nice pics...:cheer2:

3. greenbirder

greenbirder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks. Couldn't have done it without your instructions! Saw your pics & we've decided to get the black bumper protection just like yours.

4. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Wait! All I could see were black 17" tires and wheels. Just saw the sandy beach all around them....

VERY nice pics - thank you! I think the color is very distinctive and have seen a similar if not exact color on the Lexus ES350. Matter of fact, when I first saw the '10 color palette my picks were Red, White, then Sandy Beach. In that order. And still are.

I'll tell you one thing - your color will be the easiest to maintain and clean.

You're lucky to be in the first owner's group - enjoy your new ride.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! One of the very rare Prius V in Sandy Beach Metallic. Most are shown wit the 15" wheels.

6. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    LOL, I'm still trying to decide whether to keep mine. It does kind of break up the monochromatic look though, so maybe it is a good thing, especially for extra protection for your car on those beach clean up days!

7. nineinchnail1024

nineinchnail1024 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That's the color my wife and I are hoping to find in a package II.

8. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and thanks for the photos.

I always thought that the Gen III Sandy Beach was more golden than the Gen II Driftwood Pearl.

In your photos, the Sandy Beach color doesn't look as golden as when I've seen it indoors in person or in other people's photos.

I know lighting, camera, camera setting, etc. have a big effect on how colors look in pictures. But I was struck by how much your photos of your Sandy Beach looked so much like some photos of the Gen II Driftwood Pearl. Compare, for instance, these two photos:

[imglink]http://priuschat.com/forums/attachments/2010-toyota-prius/14918d1243304708-sandy-beach-beach-p1040935.jpg[/imglink]

[imglink]http://john1701a.com/prius/presentations/2004-Prius_01_Introduction.jpg[/imglink]

Would love to see sometime, either in person or in photos, a Gen III Sandy Beach side-by-side with a Gen II Driftwood Pearl.

9. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i really like the black carpet floor mats instead of the matching color ones with the light interior. i really like how the driftwood looks in low lighting. i like the dark brown tone to it. i need a night time shot of the sbp.

10. yardman 49

yardman 49 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hello Greenbirder:

Excellent choice of color! That's my all time favorite for a car. Not only do I think that it compliments most cars, but it's also the easiest to keep clean looking.

Boy, those 17" wheels look SO much better than the 15s, on the 2010.

11. ManualOnly

ManualOnly New Member

Nice Sandy look!.

btw, who's that lady in pink bikini in the background? :D

12. Pakman777

Pakman777 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree! Love the color. Can't wait to get mine. It looks as good as I had hoped. Congratulations!

13. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Excellent !!!! I realy like this!

14. Sandy

Sandy Hippi Chick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Buick beige:( I do like the photos great spot:)

15. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Great Pics. Thanks For Sharing

16. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I know someone with a driftwood. I'll see what I can do. Probably won't happen till next weekend at the earliest.

My recollection is that the driftwood is a darker bronze/brown in person (by bronze, I mean tending more to the brownish/greenish spectrum), while Sandy Beach is lighter and more tannish to yellowy gold (the metallic bits up close look like yellow or bright gold glitter).

1 person likes this.
  17. Halligan

Halligan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey Greenbirder,

Nice lookin' car. Judging by your name I'm guessing your a birder:rolleyes:. Me too. Which brings me to my concern; tint. In your pics it looks like you opted to go without tint. Did you have to argue much to get the dealer to leave the windows naked? Tint makes it much harder for me to ID birds quickly (or at least sort the trash from the good stuff) while driving, and I know I don't want it.

Salesmen are telling me; "Well gee, they apply the tint before we get the cars, and I doubt we can get you one without it". Is that true?

Having to pay for tint, and then having to have it ripped out would drive me crazy! Window tint may turn out to be the deal breaker!

18. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    If you identify a car in the computer system (allocations to the GST region) that has not already been processed by GST (the distributor) you can get your car without tint or other GST installed accessories. GST won't force it down your throat if you place an order specifying no tint. I don't know whether GST tints every car that moves through their processing center (unless otherwise specified), but I know they do a lot of tinting. I suppose it's possible you'd have to wait a while longer to get your car, since dealers don't have their first cars yet, and supply is currently limited.

2 people like this.
  19. PriusLewis

PriusLewis Management Scientist

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What about us Silver drivers?

Looks like a nice little break running off shore in the background of your pics. I learned to surf off Galveston and have been on Padre. What a beautiful background for your color!

20. zencar

zencar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thank you for these pictures. I've been debating about the color choice, but I do like this color best. What I can't believe is that everyone across the country seems to be getting their cars and NOBODY in SoCal can until June 1st. Well, it least there will be more varieties to choose from here when they do come in. Supposedly, Marina del Rey is getting 38 and Santa Monica 15... we'll see.