1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sanford NC Tornados and Re-InVolt

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by jdenenberg, Apr 17, 2011.

1. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Sanford tornado and Re-InVolt . . . close call A couple of us got e-mails from David Taylor that he and his family are safe. Dave runs Re-InVolt which is a company that rebuilds Prius traction battery packs using salvage batteries from crashed Prius. He tests the modules and sells them often for half the price of a new pack from Toyota. But a severe tornado went through Sanford NC on Saturday.

Using Google maps and news reports of damage, it looks like the tornado passed about four miles south and east from Taylor Automotive. I'll give a call on Monday but the tornado hit a development, St. Andrews, and then moved northeast to hit Lowe's, 3015 S. Horner Blvd. Taylor Automotive is at 1007 Hawkins Avenue, about 4 miles north and west of Lowe's. There were injuries in the area and sad to say, early Sunday morning, some reports of fatalities but Dave and his family, the heart and soul of Re-InVolt were spared.

JeffD (Originally posted on MyHybridCar by Bob Wilson)

1 person likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that whole storm was was incredibly scary. i can't imagine living through those things.

3. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    The damage, while massive, was confined to a small area. I was in that area a half hour after the tornado passed. Taylor's is still there though its services have changed. Link.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that was seven years ago, right?(n)

WHCSC and Raytheeagle like this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    looks like matt at texas hybrids and others are doing a much better job.

6. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know you! You post on the Porsche Boxster forums and have great writeups. Small world.