1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Santa Cruz <-> Silicon Valley Commute MPG

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by zakurie, Jun 7, 2007.

1. zakurie

zakurie New Member

Hi. I am considering purchasing a Prius and am looking for actual MPG from members who commute to and from Santa Cruz and the Silicon Valley.

Thanks!

2. DFWPrius

DFWPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zakurie @ Jun 7 2007, 05:48 PM) [snapback]457652[/snapback]</div>
    Oh my, your driving on highway 17, years ago it was the blood and guts road of northen CA.

You can rent a Prius from FOX auto rental at San Jose airport and drive it for a week, that would be the best way to see what your MPG will be.

If you do rent one, my advice is leave 10 minutes early and stay in the right hand lane for a start until you get use to driving the Prius.

3. mgipe

mgipe New Member

I've been doing this commute now for three weeks with my new Prius. My mileage has been hovering between 48.0 and 48.5.

The car would probably do better than this if it knew about the hill and let the battery go a little lower before recharging. It just doesn't know about the long downhill glide coming up.

I find I have more than enough power to pass uphill, too. This morning I temporarily got stuck behind a truck going 15 mph, and had to floor it to move into the left lane between traffic going 60 mph. No worries!