1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Santa Monica Service/Parts dept is a bad experience

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by rolling, Dec 3, 2009.

1. rolling

rolling Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Seriously i'm completely fed up with the Santa Monica service and parts dept. This is the 3rd time i've been given completely incorrect information by them.

So the parts desk clerk argued with me that the transaxle is completely sealed and i cannot change the atf ws fluid. Theres no such thing as a drain plug on it. Ok then how did i do by myself before? Hmmm.. Shall i bring him the dirty transaxle oil as well as the drain plug.

The last time i had an issue with them i showed them a TSB of an issue i was having. Three of the service raps got snotty with me and and told me i'm wrong and the TSB is wrong. They will do it for over $300 I had a trusted independant shop perform the service for $50 and the problem went away.

I can't be the only one having problems with them, how do they get away with this?

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It always amazes me that the parts counter guys invariably believe they are service geniuses as well. The super bright ones will try to argue that you don't really need the part(s) that you are trying to buy. :D

3. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If it's not inconvenient for you you might try out Toyota of Hollywood. Before I bought my Prius from them I was driving my old '93 Toyota pickup. I had misplaced the tool to get the spare out from under the truck and had to go to the dealer service to get help as I couldn't find a tire place that had the proper tool. They were very helpful, got my tire out for me right away at no charge. I was also extremely happy with my purchasing experience there for my Prius. Lucky me since they are my local dealer.