1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Saris Bones bike rack?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by 22209, Jun 22, 2012.

1. 22209

22209 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I've got a Saris Bones 2-bike rack (http://www.saris.com/en/bike-racks/vehicle-racks/trunk-racks.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=28&category_id=7) that I used on my previous car, and I'd like to continue using it .. but it's not on the list of recommended trunk racks for the Prius c on the Saris website. It is, however, listed for the Mazda 2 and the 5-door Yaris. It's not listed the Mazda 3 hatchback, which makes me think maybe the issue is hooking it around the spoiler (since neither the Mazda 2 nor the Yaris has a spoiler). But I'm pretty sure I've seen it on Mazda 3 hatchbacks.

Is anyone here using the Saris Bones bike rack on their Prius c, or does anyone have knowledge of whether or not it's a good idea? Thanks!

2. photogrl13

photogrl13 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have the Bones 3 and just put it on the C. Fits just fine. Doesn't seem to pull on the spoiler much at all as I tightened the side straps really well to support the weight. I only have one bike on it, but would feel comfortable with three. IMG_2136.jpg IMG_2137.jpg