1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

sat button stopped working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by yz426pilot, Nov 2, 2008.

1. yz426pilot

yz426pilot New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    So I installed an aftermarket sirius receiver and interface in my wife's '08. Everything has worked perfectly for 6 months until this morning. She got in the car to go to work and the nav display showed that her radio was set to aux instead on sat as usual. She pushed the sat button repeatedly to no avail. The sat button is also responsible for switching the radio to AM, which it does perfectly. Everything else seams to be working perfectly, but the radio will not switch to sat. What next??????

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd check the connection on the back of the head unit first.
    Then check to make sure the Sirius reciever is still getting power by checking its connections and, if it has one, that there's an indicator light. Finally, check the connections on the Sirius reciever itself to make sure those haven't jostled loose.

If all that is good my guess would be that the receiver is dead...but others may have other suggestions.

3. yz426pilot

yz426pilot New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    OK. I just finished pulling the dash apart (again). The connections are tight and everything seams to have power (although there's no LED to confirm power). I seam to remember that the radio could be switched to SAT even before I installed the receiver, can anyone confirm this? I may have a bad receiver, but if other people's head units will switch to SAT mode without a sat receiver hooked up I may have bigger problems.

4. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The way I understand the system process is.
    1. you push the start button
    2. computer boots and checks status.. OK bring on the "big bat" on-line.
    3. system then sends out a "Roll Call" for all the connected units to ping back through the cars "Auto LAN" system.

if they don't speak up then that unit/option must not be installed and there for not an option. I found this out in looking at adding a minidisc player to my '04... I would have had to get it from Japan...I think it was a Sony unit that was placed into the armrest storage area. never did add that... might look into it again... minidisc was very big in Japan.. Guess iPOD took over the world.

OH forgot to answer one of your questions... pressing AM did nothing until I installed the XM Radio... then POOF there was a SAT screen. and I think getting to the MiniDisc was through the Disc/Tape button... the third option... CD..Tape..MiniDisc..CD.. just like pressing AM with a SAT receiver does..

later

5. yz426pilot

yz426pilot New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks. That narrows things down. I obviously have a problem with the receiver or the sirius connect unit. I appreciate the help.

6. SgtTurtle

SgtTurtle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have had this problem a couple of times with my Sirius. It seems that it is a problem with the Sirius radio. If I disconnect the cable to the Sirius and then reconnect it, it works again. This appears to reset the Sirius radio.

7. todyer

todyer New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I just worked this out my unit stopped working in my 2008 car and after talking to TSS-radio where I bought the unit they recommended removing power from the unit, which required one of three things. Remove the Dash and pull the power plug and replug, disconnect the battery. Or as I figured out remove the fuse for the radio. In my car that is the fuse under the hood on the drivers side. The manual describes which fuse is for the radio. Worked like a charm. It was a 15 amp fuse. Just pulled and replaced it. Apparently this resets the unit. Hope this helps

8. Motobob

Motobob Seaside Pearl...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Did you check that yr subscription did not get turned off unexpectedly? Bob

:confused:

9. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Even if the subscription expires, you'll still be able to switch to the satellite radio and get the emergency/weather channel.