1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sat Radio Problem - Quit two times in 4 weeks - Now only AM and FM

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bitbucket4ever, May 4, 2008.

1. bitbucket4ever

bitbucket4ever New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I had a Sirius radio installed in my 2008 Prius prior to delivery. The radio has failed twice in the last five weeks.

Pressing the AM/SAT only gives me AM. Dealer did not state what they did the last time to fix it.

Any ideas??? Any hacks out there to get it reset to get it working again.

By the way. Love the site...

bit...

2. blazer_5154

blazer_5154 Heh, you said "member"

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I would suggest checking the wiring harness in the back of the MFD, you can find more info. about this in the "New Sirius satellite radio options" thread (I may not be 100% correct in the thread title). There is a post in this thread that shows how to access the connectors in the back of the radio, and from the sound of it, yours has come loose. If the Toyota satellite connector is similar to the one that came with most people's aftermarket kits, it is difficult to "seat", you just have to push it in with a good deal of force and it should eventually "click" into place. Hope this helps.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree that it's probably just that the plug in the back of the radio isn't in quite tight enough. The fix is simple if you're comfortable taking parts of the dash off and such. There are install instructions on this site and elsewhere on the net if you want them.

But if they was 'dealer' installed I think you need to take it back to the installer since it should still be up to them to properly fix any problems like that.