1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Satellite radio installation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jayfinke, Jul 5, 2005.

1. jayfinke

jayfinke New Member

This is my first post, but I've been following this topic for a few weeks.
    I just recieved a Sirius tuner and fit kit. I downloaded an excellent set of instructions from Eddie in Cleveland. The only problem, though, is you have to disassemble the entire dash. I don't think so. I have seen a few references to just removing the glove box and maybe one vent. Has anybody done this, and if so, I'd be grateful for some details. Or any comments, for that matter.
    Jay

2. Kyle Pehrson

Kyle Pehrson Member

It is very easy it snaps together you have to pull the vents out first then the upper and lower steering collum covers than you will see the bolts that hold the display and the radio in.

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Look for instructions for XM satellite, as the installation should be the same. I believe the shortcut is to remove the bolt holding the gateway ECU, then you can just about reach behind the head unit and install the accessory harness plug into it.

4. jayfinke

jayfinke New Member

Thanks for your comment. Maybe it's not as hard as I thought. But the devil is in the details, and I still think I need some. As a tech, this is probably child's play for you, but I'm not quite so confident. Do you have any hints or tips to keep this installation as simple as possible (other than pay someone to do it).

5. jayfinke

jayfinke New Member

I just now discovered that siriusprius.com is selling a kit with tuner and instruction dvd along with an antenna upgrade. To my delight, they are also selling the dvd alone or in an upgrade kit with the antenna, which I immediately ordered.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayfinke\";p=\"104775)</div>
    sounds like PriusXM folks covering the Sirius side too.

7. Jon

Jon New Member

Hi All,

Yes, now available:

SiriusPrius
    www.siriusprius.com

This includes an upgraded antenna and our new 1-Hour DVD. I think our Sirius DVD is even better than the XM DVD.

The reason we offer the upgraded antenna is because the OEM antenna is worthless. It's also incredibly ugly and large. I use it as a tire chock.

We also sell just the DVD, or a Buy-It-Yourself bundle which includes the DVD, the upgraded antenna, and Dual-Lock fasteners.

Thanks for the mention, Evan, Jay.

-Jon

---
    PriusXM - www.priusxm.com
    SiriusPrius - www.siriusprius.com

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, both have copyrights of "Internection" at the bottom of the page.