1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Satellite ready/dealer installed Sirius not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dar1268, Sep 2, 2008.

1. dar1268

dar1268 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a satellite ready radio in my 2008 Prius and had the dealer install Sirius after I purchased the vehicle. Aside from crappy reception, it has been working fine for 3 months. Then today I get in the car and I notice my audio is off (which I did not do) and I don't have Sat 1 / Sat 2 options when I hit the Mode button. Using the AM/SAT button does nothing but take me to the AM screen. Help? Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I've read other posts where folks have similar issues but no word on how to fix it and although I REALLY do not want to go to the dealership, I guess I'll have to if it's not a DIY resolution. :-(

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Its a warrenty thing!! Let the dealer take care of it. This way there's is a record of the problem. If it rears its ugly head again, more ammo to replace the unit, if they are not going to replace the module now. However it sounds like its the control head not Sirius if you have problems selecting it!!

Good Luck let us know the outcome!!

73 de Pat KK6PD

3. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What kind of satellite tuner did they install and where?
    Either way,
    One of two things has happened. Either the conncetor that plugs into the back of your stock radio, for the sat tuner, has come unplugged and needs to be put back......
    Or your sat tuner needs to be reset by removing and restoring power.

It can be DIY, or take it to the dealer, whatever you are comfy with.

4. Joekc

Joekc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm gonna guess your "crappy reception" is because your antenna is installed inside the car. Bad move by lazy installers. It belongs on the roof. Mine is installed on the roof and I get reception in my garage with the doors down. Don't settle for bad reception. Make them fix both your issues at the same time.