1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

save more gas?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by CAVEIN, Jul 22, 2006.

1. CAVEIN

CAVEIN New Member

My friend told me there's something you can have installed in the prius that allows the electric motor to run alone at higher speeds, using the gas motor much less. was wondering if anyone could tell me more about this, where to purchase the parts, where to get it installed, and pricing ideas. thanks!
    ds

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CAVEIN @ Jul 22 2006, 05:43 PM) [snapback]290690[/snapback]</div>
    Well I don't know about high speeds but under 42 mph you can add an EV switch, in the US and Canada. It is available out side North America as a standard feature. All the programing is there all you have to do is add a switch. There are a number of ways of doing this. Do a search on EV Mod, EV switch.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    its a myth. running the electric engine at higher speeds will DECREASE your overall gas mileage. it was not designed to run fast. it will use an excessively large amount of charge and heat up too much, both of which will hurt your performance. the ICE in your Prius was designed to get better than 50 mpg at highway speeds WITHOUT any help from the EV.