1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Saving gas and reducing global warming

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by Godiva, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Few workers who could telecomute do.

"One-quarter of the U.S. work force could be doing their jobs from home if all those able to telecommute chose to do so, according to a study on Wednesday which said many still elect to work at the office.

All those people working from home could translate into annual gasoline savings of $3.9 billion, according to the National Technology Readiness Survey."

Telecommuting fights rising gas prices.

"With gasoline prices heading toward record highs again and the drive to work being the most frequent destination for most people, telecommuting would seem to be the perfect solution. According to a survey of 900 respondents by True North Research last year, 80% would like to work from home if their employer allowed it. So why aren't more doing so?

"To be honest, unless I'm checking in on them hourly, how can I know whether an off-site employee spent Friday afternoon working or playing golf?" said Brent Winters, CEO of First Guarantee, a 15-year software company in Saint Cloud, Florida."

2. Suburban600

Suburban600 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jul 13 2006, 05:09 AM) [snapback]285526[/snapback]</div>

Where can I sign up? I'd love to work out of my home in Swansboro NC. :)