1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Saw a Tesla last Thursday

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by San_Carlos_Jeff, Oct 23, 2006.

1. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    My route home from work every evening happens to take me past the Tesla Motors office. I've been keeping an eye out for the last few months hoping to see one in person. Last Thursday it happened. One was going the other way being driven by a geeky engineer looking guy (like me). I flipped a U to get behind him. He seemed to be doing either some brake, or acceleration testing. Lots of quick starts and then slowing down rapidly.

The car looks awesome in person. The pictures on their website are all too dark and don't do it any justice. If I had Porsche money this car would get a serious look. As it stands I've just been daydreaming about it all weekend :)

Jeff

2. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(San_Carlos_Jeff @ Oct 23 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]337079[/snapback]</div>
    "...the body looks pretty hot for an electric car. The Prius is starting to look like the friend with the "great personality".

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/tes...onds-188565.php

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I want one. Not sure I want it $108,000 worth, though. (They're charging the extra 8 grand if you live outside one of their service areas!)

And according to their web site, they have not yet passed all the safety tests.

4. fphinney

fphinney Member

[​IMG]

One picture = one thousand words!?