1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Saw a Yaris Today

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by paprius4030, Mar 28, 2006.

1. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    While hanging around for an oil change today I saw a new Yaris. It looked like a really nice little car. The back seat looked huge(bigger than Corrola). Not sure I like the speedo and instruments in the middle though, think it would take me awhile to get used to that. Also I saw a Prius with the new hybrid side badges. It said certified used on it and I thought to myself, wow a used 06 already, but when I got closer it was a 2005. I didn't think they put the hybrid side badges on till 06 but I guess some late 05's must have them also.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No, the dealer could've taken them off another car and put it on the 05.

3. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw the Yaris at the Detroit auto show... It is a sporty little car, very European. I liked the double passenger glove boxes AND the Driver side glove box... Thats one thing that would be nice to have in the Prius but im guessing there is to many wires and electronic gizmos under there to make room... :D

4. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My mom wants to trade-in her Tacoma on a Yaris. She still has to try one out in-person to see if it's a good fit, but 40MPG versus 18MPG makes her interested. She likes the Prius but trading in the Tacoma might cover a whole Yaris...

5. ONwi03

ONwi03 New Member

I've seen a Yaris or two while up north in Canada. I agree with the OP about the center console. That's just something I'd have to get used to. Otherwise, I find them to be very attractive little cars. With the Yaris now out what happens to the xA?

6. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I am wanting a Tacoma! Are you in Ca? It is so hard to get my hands on one.

The Yarris is cute, much better than the Echo (chills). I also checked out that new FJ7 thing- that was pretty cool!

7. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    oops- you are in SC, a little far! Unless it's a 4x4?

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nothing. That's why Toyota's only importing the 3-dr for you guys while we get the 5-dr version as well.

9. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The version I saw was a 4 door sedan

10. Expedition

Expedition New Member

The Yaris has got to be one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. I'd buy a Prius *gasp* before I bought a Yaris. :lol:

11. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

Aww... come on. It looks like a cute little bug.

12. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I used to think that the Scion XB (the box) was the ugliest car ever, but now I am used to it and think it's cute!

13. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(remaxmanager @ Mar 28 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]231622[/snapback]</div>
    Nope. Just the extended cab (no extra doors) and the off-road package...

14. Expedition

Expedition New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(remaxmanager @ Mar 30 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]232482[/snapback]</div>
    The xB is pretty ugly too :lol:

15. ONwi03

ONwi03 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Expedition @ Mar 30 2006, 10:55 PM) [snapback]232700[/snapback]</div>
    The last xB I saw on the road was being driven by an 80 something yr old granny :)

16. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ellen Degeneres' mom traded her Prius for an XB- she said she loves it! She didn't like her Prius for some reason- she told me that everytime she used valet parking at places they would leave it on and the battery would be dead. But it was cute nonetheless, same color as mine haha

17. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ONwi03 @ Mar 28 2006, 06:18 PM) [snapback]231609[/snapback]</div>
    I think the Yaris is the replacement for the Toyota Echo, not for the Scion xA. My wife's 2002 Echo has the center console and I have never gotten used to it.

I saw a bright red Yaris liftback parked in my neighborhood yesterday and I thought that it was a minicooper because of it's size. Just two cars behind it there was a blue xA.

18. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

We traded both our Xa and Xb for my wife's Prius. They were good, solid cars and were a lot of fun...but we knew when we bought them that they were only our stepping stone toward a Hybrid. We were amazed at how poor fuel mileage they get considering how small they are. Getting used to the center mounted dash is very easy. To us, it was actually easier to use.

The Yaris...well, it seemed like a cross between all three Scions, an Echo, and a Corolla. At least the fuel consumption on the sticker is pretty impressive, though not "real world".

If we just had to break out of the hybrid world, we'd go for that FJ....that is wicked!

btw...the Expedition is one of the most ugly vehicles I've seen on the road.

19. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I checked out that FJ at the dealer- it is awesome, and not badly priced!

20. Leopold Porkstacker

Leopold Porkstacker New Member

I am impressed by the Yaris hatchback, but I think it would be even better if it was by chance having about 1' longer overall, and 2" longer in the wheelbase so that I could pretend it would replace my 274,000-miles-on-the-odometer 1987 Volvo 740 turbo intercooled stickshift wagon, such that I could actually haul stuff with it (SUVs seem pointless in this respect, as I can fit a full-size couch in my Volvo wagon–cannot do that in a “Humvee†2!!!). The price of the Yaris is really attractive, and I wouldn’t need to go the dealer financing route since I could pay it all up front. Of course I’d junk the interior crap (hopefully saving 200-300lbs.) and then add an SCCA GT3-spec rollcage and then do neato things with the suspension (the Volvo has full IPD suspension, Bilsteins, lower/stiffer springs, and huge-nice person swaybars, but no rollcage) so that I could actually autocross it someday.

Yes, I am a dreamer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2Hybrids @ Mar 31 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]233084[/snapback]</div>
    It’s nickname is Exhibition, not to be confused with the other Ford SUV, the Exertion/Excretion. Oh, and then there’s the Cataract Escapade. :rolleyes: