1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Saw my first (and only) Prius commercial this week

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by nerfer, Feb 9, 2007.

1. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wasn't really impressed. One thing I didn't care for is they mentioned the only the higher EPA estimate (60 mpg) in the ad. That's setting people up to be disappointed, it would be slightly better to use the average 55 mpg. Legally I believe they can only use the EPA estimated gas mileage figure, so they can't use the 47-50 mpg that greenhybrids.com and evworld.com show from their real-life contributors. But next year EPA numbers are slated to be dropped considerably, until the new '09 model Prius comes out, all of which will give viewers whiplash as to the real mileage.

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nerfer @ Feb 9 2007, 03:23 PM) [snapback]387611[/snapback]</div>
    So how come no one gets bugged if hummer only posts THEIR high mileage?
    Doesn't the boiler-plate state, 'your mileage may vary?'

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Feb 9 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]387616[/snapback]</div>
    Hummer advertising is based on a whup-nice person big meaney persona. If you have to ask the MPG, you can't afford it. Only a wuss wouldn't drive a Hummer, etc.

I prefer the bumper sticker I saw: Nothing dumber than a Hummer.