1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Saw my first Leaf yesterday!!

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by Roadburner440, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Roadburner440

Roadburner440 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We were on the other side of town yesterday helping out a lady we used to foster cats for raise money for her shelter. Took a break and dropped in to Mike Shade Nissan over in Orange Park since I knew they had a demo. I must say I was pretty impressed with the car. Did not get an oppertunity to drive it, but did spend quite a bit of time looking at it. Thought it was going to be smaller like the Nissan Versa, but was actually almost the same size as our Volt. Seats were more comftorable, and I like the cabin layout better. Only draw back for us is the trunk appears to be about half the size of the Volt's, and the obvious lack of the range extender. Certaintly may think about getting one to replace the Prius in a few years if they get more range, and the TMS system (think they are putting that on the 12's now). Just wanted to let anyone in Jacksonville know though that it is available to test drive. Just look for it sitting in front of the recharging stations by the service dept.

1 person likes this.
  2. gramps

gramps Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am going to try now to attach a few pictures of yesterdays event. I have not received the official pictures from the rooftop yet.

Attached Files:

3. gramps

gramps Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is another.

Attached Files:

4. gramps

gramps Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This one has a blue Tesla Roadster in front bottom. One of two there.

Attached Files:

5. J5A

J5A Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks! I'm yet to see one in person and they look much better in your pics than the promo pics. :)

What is that blue 2 seater in the foreground in your 3rd pic?

6. gramps

gramps Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Two more of the Tesla

Attached Files:

7. gramps

gramps Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    More eye candy from yesterday (EV) converted MGB.
    attached wrong picture.

Attached Files:

8. Roadburner440

Roadburner440 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the photos Gramps! Is nice to see so many of them together. Not to mention the Tesla and electric MG. The Tesla's are such sharp looking cars, but way out of my price range.

J5A all you have to do is go down to your local Nissan dealer whenever they get their demo. The people here were really nice, and I was up front with them that we had a Volt and were not interested in purchasing the car. Just wanted to look at it. They were even willing to let us drive it, but I did not want to waste to much of their time for a non-sale. I just hope either the infrastructure gets installed to support the cars, or the battery gets a lot more range.

1 person likes this.
  9. timtim2008

timtim2008 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

saw my first leaf, at a free charging station, next to my volt