1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Saw the Yellow Snow.....Flake

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FloridaShark, Dec 15, 2004.

1. FloridaShark

FloridaShark Member

I know that this doesn't mean much to most of you who live in cold climates but this AM on my way to work I finally got to see the snowflake appear. It was 34 when I drove in. Once was enough ..... now just let it warm back to at least the low 70's. :lol:

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Yup, me too. Took a few miles to come on, as my garage registered at 55 degrees. Didn't turn off when I got to work in Clearwater. Was still 37-39 degrees.

I hear it's supposed to be worse next week. :(

Oh yes, my mileage isn't too much lower. No worse than when it's real hot sitting in an afternoon summer sun. It helped when I turned off the AC at stops in the beginning of my trip. By 10 miles, that was not necessary, ICE stopped at lights.

3. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ack, me too! We had a "hard freeze" last night (20's in the outskirts of the city, closer to 32 in the city). And to think, it was probably like 80 on Sunday *sigh*. I had my temp slowly drop from the 50's to 34 as I drove out of my neighborhood and got to see the yellow snowflake on both my MFD and dash (it is a bit distracting on the dash, when you're not used to having that yellow symbol there). My mileage is a little lower than I've been experiencing--dropping about .1 to .2 MPG every time I drive my relatively short commute, though it seems to have leveled off this morn--but I'm sure summer will be just as hard on the mileage (haven't experienced 100+ temps yet with my car). I was wondering if I'd ever see the yellow snowflake before leaving Austin.