1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Saying goodbye to the beloved Prius...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by kennyyuui, Apr 16, 2015.

1. kennyyuui

kennyyuui Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Even though it is my first post here, but I'm certainly not a newcomer to Priuschat or especially, to the beloved Prius. I was among the first adopter of the Gen III when it first came out in 2010. Still remember the heated war among dealerships between Insight and Prius on which one have a better edge. Prius having better MPG advantage while those who pro Insight gloat that their car can still run when battery crap out and gonna laugh at the one in the Prius sitting in one place waiting for a toll truck lol.

Needless to say, I choose to side with the Prius and not a single regret at all. Love the car to dead, 2 years and didn't give me any single problem at all beside a car accident (that was from a reckless 16 years old honda accord kid crashing into me) and somewhat make my beloved 2010 blizzard pearl Prius out of commission. Luckily, insurance came through and able to get me into another Prius, the 2012 winter grey Prius. Again, after 3 years driving, 0 issues what so ever. Amazing car

It is 2015 now.........well my Prius is still as reliable as day 1 BUT the hard reality is it not really "special" anymore. I look out on the road and everyone including their grandmother is driving a Prius just like me (at least out here in CA)........... I'm due for a car upgrade, and the fund was suppose to go toward Gen IV Prius, but the scene of everybody including their grandmother is also driving the Prius really got me thinking hard, after all, I'm still in a young adult age group and kinda want a car that isn't everywhere on the road if you know what I mean hahah.

So after a long and hard time deciding, I have to make a difficult decision and pull the plug on my Prius fund. However, consider how I love the Prius reliability so much, I just cant bring myself to completely part way with it. I end up getting myself a CT200h as the upgrade. I mean it still a Prius on the inside, so I guess I'm still belong here with you guys right ? hahah

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      71.5 KB
      Views:
    Aaron Vitolins likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all the best.(y)

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  4. Robert Holt

Robert Holt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I wish I could remember when I was young enough to think like that.

Oh to be 65 again !!

5. 3prongpaul

3prongpaul Hybrid Shop Owner, worked on 100's of Prius's

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The CT200h is a lot nicer looking than the Prius and more fun to drive, and not that many on the roads so good choice!

The CT200h does have most of the same mechanicals inside as Gen3 Prius. I wonder if anyone makes a sticker "Prius Inside" styled after the "Intel Inside" logo. That would be funny to have on the back of a CT200h....although it would probably upset most Lexus drivers.

6. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Fair winds and following seas!