1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Saying hi

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bhromec, Jan 6, 2007.

1. bhromec

bhromec New Member

Hi all!

"Scooter" you ask? I don't normally name my cars, but the morning of my first day with my car, my brother said, "Have fun with your scooter car today" so, that's its name, when I use one. Wow, am I THRILLED!!!!!!! I just joined the ultra-exciting ranks of being a happy, proud Prius owner! :lol: I did not expect to LOVE it this much! I had my last two cars for 10 and 12 years respectively. I was playing the "man! how long will this car last?!" game, enjoying no car payments for the last ten years. Well, I got my "how long will this thing last" answer on Oct. 26, 2006 when some lady totaled my car. Anyway, after much shopping around trying to secure a touring version of the Prius, and a price to beat the pants off of what everyone was saying they were going for (far over sticker), I took delivery on my car just two days ago. I got a great deal, I think (paid $27,300 plus T&L) and am thrilled!! I now own a 2007 silver, touring, package 6, gray leather perfect Prius! My precious nephew was killed in Iraq 8 months ago, so I am happy to NOT be giving as much of my money to the middle east (though I know Iraq is not the source of our oil). I sent in my HOV sticker application today. I'm tooootally hoping to get a set of the stickers!!!! Anyone know if I'm out of luck?! Pleeeeeeease no! Also, has anyone gotten protective coating on their car? My brother said that all cars come with a good clear coat now and not to waste my money. Any San Fran. Bay Area group meets anytime soon?

2. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations on Scooter! :)

P.S. - Sorry to hear about your nephew.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome to Prius Chat and congrats on your great new car! Living in WA, I cannot answer your question about the HOV sticker, but I think there are threads on the subject if you do a search.

And I, too, am very sorry to hear about your nephew. My sincerest condolences.

4. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

I hope you enjoy your car as much as I do.

My most sincerest condolences regarding your nephew. I pray often for the safety of our service members. I feel we all owe these brave young men and women so much for their willingness to put it all on the line. Please let his parents know that their sadness is shared by total strangers, strangers who are thankful for the sacrifices they must personally endure.

5. bhromec

bhromec New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Jan 6 2007, 05:21 AM) [snapback]371712[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you very much for your greetings and condolences. I appreciate it. OK, it's Saturday and I think I'll go on an overnight road trip in Scooter! :D Thanks for welcoming me. I'm like a kid on Christmas! See ya on the road, and NOT at the pumps! tee hee