1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ScanGage???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by grasshopper, May 23, 2006.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

I have a 06 package #3, so Can View (I am told) is out. So all you ScanGage folks, let me here from you. How do you like it?
    Was it worth it?
    Does it give CVT temps? (This is important because I tow)
    Do you still use it.
    Would you buy it again?
    How long have you had it?
    And anything else you wish you would have known before you bought yours. :mellow:

Grasshopper

Oops! This should be in Modifications.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Toyota says you should not tow anything with the Prius.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper @ May 23 2006, 10:40 AM) [snapback]259782[/snapback]</div>
    You get nothing from any Hybrid system. I have the ScanGage and it is OK. It provides a lot of generic data you can not get otherwise. RPM, Coolant or Engine Temp? General stuff that it can query over the OBDII. It does not appear to monitor the CAN BUS. I am guessing but I believe it send out a query over the CAN BUS for generic OBEII info and reports it. It is an OK addition to the info you already get. You will get the engine RPM, Fuel flow and TEMP data and that can help you be a better driver. It is clear looking at the CAN View and the ScanGage together that the ScanGage has a delay factor. It is similar to the OBDII data that the CAN View collects on inverter temp MG1, MG2 temp. Slower with a lag time but still very valuable if you want to know. I think and am becoming convinced that you can use the normal energy screen data to become a efficient hyper-miler. Having aids like Can View and ScanGage will help. Why waste the effort before the engine is up to temp? How do you know the engine RPM tell you. You get the picture. Remember the marathon people in Pittsburgh had none of this they learned how to drive with the standard equipment and intelligence.

4. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 23 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]259958[/snapback]</div>
    They also say you shouldn't modify them. *snicker*

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 23 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]260106[/snapback]</div>
    While their statement about the PriusPlus mod is unequivocal, there are differing interpretations as to what, if anything, they've said about lesser mods. But I take more seriously their statements about towing. Some vehicles have drive trains intended for towing. Toyota says the Prius is not. Mike showed us the PSD at Lacey, and it doesn't look very heavy-duty to me. I was surprised that little thing could even drive the car. I'm sure not going to tow anything with mine. if I ever need to tow something, I'll rent a vehicle intended for it.

6. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ May 24 2006, 11:52 AM) [snapback]260076[/snapback]</div>
    They had my SuperMID M-1 mileage meter. :)
    http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/prius-i...dates.3041.html
    Ken@Japan

[​IMG]

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 23 2006, 06:20 PM) [snapback]259958[/snapback]</div>

Toyota didn't pay for this car, I did. If I want to use it to just run over Cats, I can. :lol: :p :p :p B)