1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ScanGauge II - new features to be added

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Green Hokie, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    For those who are debating between Scangauge II and CAN-view, your decision may become alot easier. The folks at Scangauge have informed me that within the next couple of weeks or so, the scangauge II will have the ability to display additional Hybrid information (like battery temp, etc...) that are now only possible on CAN-view. This will happen via a firmware update.

Thought some of you might find this information useful. I know I'll be buying one of these, as soon as they add the new features. BTW, from what I've been told, the only way you will be able to update your existing scangauge II unit is to return it Scangauge.

2. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Green Hokie @ Aug 13 2007, 04:22 PM) [snapback]494902[/snapback]</div>
    I'm in.

I wish they could offer a manifold vacuum readout, but I suspect the car does not have the sensor and circuitry for that.

3. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just wish they would fix the issues when turning on the SG2 where it reverts to the home screen and doesn't stay at the screen last viewed. It does this on mine at least twice a week. The manufacture keep promising me a fix but I have yet to see one.

4. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Aug 14 2007, 11:42 PM) [snapback]495892[/snapback]</div>

hmm... That would be annoying. I'll have to ask the folks at Linear Logic about that next week, when I call them again to get an update on the new CAN features/readings.

5. Malarkey

Malarkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Please post when you hear the improved units are shipping - I'm in for one!

6. tekn0wledg

tekn0wledg New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Green Hokie @ Aug 13 2007, 04:22 PM) [snapback]494902[/snapback]</div>
    Where can I find information on this? I purchased a unit from them about 2-3 weeks ago and I would like to return it to have the firmware updated.

7. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Figures, right after I buy one with the group buy...

8. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tekn0wledg @ Aug 15 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]496243[/snapback]</div>
    As requested, I sent you a PM with additional information.

9. geodosch

geodosch Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Green Hokie @ Aug 15 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]496495[/snapback]</div>
    Is it something that can be posted on the Forum? I'd be interested in seeing it too. TIA.

10. treehggr

treehggr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I cannot wait for this. :D Hopefully they follow through and release an update soon.

11. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeoDosch @ Aug 15 2007, 07:42 PM) [snapback]496504[/snapback]</div>
    I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you! :p

Seriously, tekn0wledg had sent me a private message asking how I found out about the upcoming software update & how to return an existing Scangauge II to be updated. I basically re-iterated what I had said in my original post and provided the phone number for Linear-Logic (the manufacturer of Scangauge) so that tekn0wledg could contact them directly to obtain specific return instructions once the new software is ready for release.

I hope Linear-Logic doesn't get flooded with too many phone calls because of my post. That was obviously not my intention. They did advise me the best way to check is by simply going to their website (scangauge.com). They said it would be posted on there as soon as the new software is ready.

12. geodosch

geodosch Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Green Hokie @ Aug 15 2007, 08:20 PM) [snapback]496537[/snapback]</div>
    Gotcha. Thanks!

13. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Wouldn't it be great if we could get firmware updates via a download from the internet. Sure we would need a special cord but I would be willing to purchase one if we could update our own SG2's.

14. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Aug 16 2007, 01:08 AM) [snapback]496720[/snapback]</div>
    Yep. I do this with my Toshiba HD-DVD player. Very convenient!
    However, not sure if it would be practical/possible for Linear-Logic to have this capability with the scangauge.

15. tekn0wledg

tekn0wledg New Member

My guess is it would require the casing to be removed and plugin to the EPROM or something along those lines. Not really sure what's actually inside the SGII unit. I might play with that later today and see what it's made of [literally]

Thanks for the information Hokie, I appreciate it.

I have contacted Linear Logic and am awaiting a response. I did not mention where I heard the information.

16. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, it does have rj45 connections. If they could provide a 3rd party program to flash and load the SG2, just like an Asus motherboard, I would be happy :)

17. Don-RI

Don-RI Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II

VERY useful - thanks. Please keep us posted.

18. tekn0wledg

tekn0wledg New Member

Yesterday I called LL and spoke to a rep there, who indicated that they would indeed be adding new features and support for CAN on all cars.

I also received an e-mail from one of their reps stating:

So, it does appear something is coming soon.

When asked about the availability, the phone rep said everytime they give a date it ends up sliding. He said that it would probably be a couple of weeks and it would be announced on all the major fan forums and on their website.

I will also be calling weekly to find out the status, and presumably get an e-mail as stated above.

19. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Actually, anyone who buys a unit from PriusChat after today will receive an updated unit. We are in a holding pattern on receiving our new shipment of SGIIs until they can get us a shipment of the updated units.

I'll let everyone know as soon as they are in stock.

20. tekn0wledg

tekn0wledg New Member

Also, those of you who already own an SGII will be able to mail the unit back to LL to have it flashed. They didn't give me much detail on that, other than to say that when mailed back they would update the firmware.

My guess is they don't have a process for bulk unit firmware updates yet, but that's fine :)