1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scangauge Inverter/Transaxle code question

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by depriusoto, Mar 26, 2013.

1. depriusoto

depriusoto Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    the 02 was driven into a large trailer hitch that was stopping for the light. No one was hurt. No police report. No damage to the big truck. Damage to the Prius. Took a big chunk of the bumper, punched a 5"hole through the upper grille and bent/jammed the hood so it won't open. Looking through the hole the radiator look intact. The aluminum tubes in front of the radiator were bent but I couldn't see any visible breaks or punctures. Car leaked some sort of fluid but it left no stain I was told. Windshield washer fluid? No codes thrown. I went up to where the car is parked and took pictures. Went to my favorite body shop - ball park quote is $3000. About what I expected. Maybe more, maybe less.
    Came back and hooked up the scangauge and started the car up and let it idle. No leaks I could see and no codes thrown.
    Watched the radiator temp and it appeared normal. Monitored the transaxle/inverter temps. Didn't expect to see much unless there was a leak.
    Watching TM1 and it was showing 58 pretty steadily. But every once and a while it would change to D167 or D169 for a second or two and then go back to the 58. My question is what, if anything, does the D167 readout mean?
    In advance, Thanks!
    Ed K

2. youngnbald

youngnbald Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    First question I think of: "Do you have the proper ISO cable for the scangauge?"

I had funky displays before calling the company and telling them I had odd errors. It was a known issue and they sent me a new cable designed for ISO communications free of charge.

3. depriusoto

depriusoto Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm using the latest scangauge with the Gen 1 cable they supply on request. SO I'm thinking I'm OK on that issue.

4. yotatoter

yotatoter Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I would guess that your ac will not work anymore,correct me if im wrong ,but i think the ac condensor is the outer most radiator type of THINGY...They will leak some freon ,but if it has leak detector in it it will usually have a green tint to it..

5. depriusoto

depriusoto Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Two of my niece's big friends came and were able to wrench the hood open. The radiator was not hit by the hitch, but a hose is leaking. Is the tubing that runs in front of the radiator for the inverter or the A/C?

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The separate unit is for the inverter/transmission. The A/C condenser is part of the radiator. A clever piece of engineering.

Bob Wilson