1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ScanGauge reconnect after disconnection how to?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 2009Prius, Sep 19, 2010.

1. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I needed to disconnect the ScanGauge2 from my 2009 to do the brake light switch adjustment. I reconnected it without thinking while car was off. It lighted up showing "connecting ..." then turned itself off after a while. Then I remembered there was some particular sequence of connecting and turning things on that I had forgotten. Should I follow that particular sequence and redo the setup or does the ScanGauge2 remember it was connected to a hybrid car? Thanks!

2. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Theirs really no particular sequence. The car is off. The scangauge is in hybrid mode, so it checks to see if its really off when you plugged it in, so it turns off until your car is on.

1 person likes this.
  3. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    OK I figured it out. Usually I leave the ScanGauge plugged in so it's getting the 12V always. So when I turn the car off then on next time the ScanGauge does not need to reconnect since it has been seeing the 12V continuously. Now after the ScanGauge is unplugged the 12V disappears so it needs to reconnect when it's plugged back in and sees the 12V again. That's exactly what it did this morning when I turned the car on. It remembers everything including the tank MPG etc. :)