1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

scanguage II

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by desertbriez, Jun 5, 2007.

1. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

ok all you prius mod people.... enable me.... convince me of why i need a scanguage... what will it do for me?

i've read some here on the forums... seems like a "bike computer" for my car..... [​IMG] don't get me wrong... i'm a total gadget geek and really love all the info i get on my cycling computer..... i'm just wondering what it is about the scanguage that i "need" (need meaning want, of course!)

2. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Since the Prius does not provide water temperature or a Tachometer, I bought a SG2 so I could see this information. Plus it scans codes and reset them. The biggest thing it does is let me know when the engine is actually off or when I am getting more than 99.9 mpg. When on the freeway it is hard to tell if the engine is running or not so when the SG2 shows 0 rpms, I know it is off.

3. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Same as Rest as far as the tach, temp, and codes. In addition, I've used some of the other engine parameters, especially engine loading and throttle position, to try to maximize fuel economy. The trip features are nice too. It gives a number of readings such as MPG, time, fuel used, etc., for the current trip, current day, previous day, and tank.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Jun 5 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]456104[/snapback]</div>
    Not quite. At speeds above 41 MPH the engine spins (with no fuel) during coasting to keep Motor/Generator 1 from over-revving. The SG displays about 960 RPM.

4. chinalfr2

chinalfr2 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ditto.

Water temp and tach is important variable to monitor.

5. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

I just got my SGII. Early birthday present!

Here's a question. I have a cat on me and a baby hanging on my leg. Can anyone give me the 30 second setup routine so I don't have to read the book? Here are the specific questions I can't figure out on-the-fly:

1. "Hybrid" setup. Saw something about this once, definitely need it, since the unit shuts off with the engine.
    2. Backlighting. I went through the menu to display, but it doesn't make any difference if I hit high, low, or off. All looks the same, and non-backlit.

Thanks!

6. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Put the cat outside, the baby to bed and read the manual. :)

7. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

okey dokey..... just placed the order!

now i can't wait to get it!!!!! more toys!!!!!!!