1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scanguage reset and codes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by AF1PRIUS, Oct 30, 2008.

1. AF1PRIUS

AF1PRIUS New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This morning after filling up my car and then looking at the scanguage's fuel tank data, I decided to reset it and start over. When I did, all **** broke loose:eek:. I got a check engine light and a red triangle. Also the following two codes can up: U0100 and P0000.

I tried to see what they stood for, but no luck. The scanguage did reset. Not knowing what I should do next, I decided to clear the codes and see if that turned off all the warning lights and it did. The car started and appears normal again. Will not really know until I leave work for home.

Any thoughts?

AF1PRIUS

2. archae86

archae86 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Sure sounds like the Scangauge put something on the CAN bus that the car did not like. I've sometimes wondered how much of a hazard of that sort of thing there might be--especially if one has XGauges for another model of car loaded.

Which exact reset did you issue?

3. AF1PRIUS

AF1PRIUS New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    After I scanned for the codes, I just cleared them and all warning lights went out. I started the car (turn the power on) and the engine started and no more warning lights lights came back on so, I am hoping that when I drive home after work, all will be well.