1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scary Stuff

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by lumpy95, Mar 10, 2008.

1. lumpy95

lumpy95 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    North American Union and RFID chip

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I didn't watch enough of it to find out who invented this fantasy. Eliminate all borders??? End U.S. national sovereignty? Replace the U.S. dollar, the Canadian dollar, and the Mexican peso with the "amero"? Sound like pretty good ideas to me! I could travel to Canada and Mexico without all that passport nonsense (or visa, in the case of Mexico).

Of course, if they really did eliminate all borders, then Mexicans could travel freely to the U.S., which I think is a great idea, but ain't likely to happen.

This is ultra-right-wing (think: neo-nazi) propaganda attacking George Bush from, of all directions, the right! They're saying George Bush has ended the U.S. as a country with the signing of a document, without Congress even knowing about it. However, such a signing would be invalid without supporting laws from Congress, or a Constitutional amendment. This is reminiscent of the folks who claim that U.S. paper money is invalid and the income tax illegal.

Lumpy: Do you believe this thing, or did you just post it for giggles?

3. lumpy95

lumpy95 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    IMHO it's not out of the realm of possibility in the future especially with the hardline NAFTA approach and RFID chip integration in society, taken by "many" politicians.
    Whether it's science fiction or not, it certainly makes you think about what freedoms we have enjoyed for many years and hopefully do in the future.
    Personally I don't think it is an attack on Bush per se since the North American Union was formed some time ago and not by him.
    Any way you look at it, it makes you think, LOL

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    First a "National ID card".

Then they'll chip us.

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Stock up on the aluminum foil now. :tinfoil3:

BTW, the RFID chip they show in the video is a passive device - you can't turn it off, it not really on. Info here.

The type they are considering for passports and ID cards are also passive - you can prevent them from responding by carrying them in a (tin) foil pouch.

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The future is globalism. Whether we like it or not. And I didn't watch enough of the crackpot video to get to any mention of RFID chips. But in the first few minutes they state that, without the participation of the Congress, President Bush had signed an agreement that "completely eliminates" national borders between the U.S. and Canada, and between Mexico and the U.S., and which puts an end to U.S. sovereignty.

The fact that we still have guards at the borders and customs agents at the airports gives the lie to their claim that the borders have been eliminated, and they specifically say that it was Bush's signature on a document that accomplished the alleged elimination of borders.

Privacy is a very real concern. And Bush is on the side of depriving us of our privacy. But the assertions made in the first part of the video are preposterous, and should make you think twice before taking anything else in the video seriously.

A unified currency is a good idea. And that, too, may come along eventually. But if Bush had signed a document which eliminated the dollar, how come the grocery store today still accepted my dollars in payment for my groceries?

The fierce tenor of xenophobia in the video was one reason I say it sounds to me like neo-nazi propaganda.

7. NaptownPrius

NaptownPrius Getting Greener....

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Is this in my cereal or my Prius? :cool:

:first:

8. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In the words of Homer Simpson,
    "Grade A bull plop"

If this stuff scares you don't use your credit card or drive a car or walk in a public place.

Where can I get a chip like that? Would it save having to carry my drivers licence and credit card?
    If it will I'm all for it.

9. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree...if they could also integrate my Prius SKS into it all the better!!:eek:

10. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not so sure. Removing a country's ability to set its own monetary policy reduces their powers significantly. Which, of course, could be the whole idea, depending who's point of view is being considered. The unspoken assumption here seems to be that the rest of the world will adopt the US dollar, in the culmination of the old 'manifest destiny' fantasy. How would you feel about a unified currency if it were the Euro? Or the Renminbi?
    And "globalism"? That's just a euphemism for expanding corporate powers even further.

Edit: Now that I look at the video, I recognise it as part of Zeitgeist.