1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scary UFO story

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by rpatterman, Mar 28, 2011.

1. rpatterman

rpatterman Thinking Progressive

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There was recently a "UFO" sighting near Boulder, Colorado and the following information was posted:

Moderators: please do not move this to the political forum, I'm sure it is just a coincidence that they are all "right wing Republican scumbags". :rolleyes:

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    The implied insult to sheep is entirely uncalled for.

10 people like this.
  3. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Isn't Google Chrome's Wikipedia extension cool?

Just hovering on most of the eight listed:
    - at least THREE born before the Roswell incident
    - NONE born in 1948
    - Only Bill O'Reilly born in 1949
    - NONE born nine months after Roswell

Sir, the accuracy of your opinions matches those on The Rush Limbaugh Show. :p

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Pretty down on the aliens, aren't you?

5. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Proof...

Yeppers... teh OP IS providing us with PROOF that a moronic nincompoop with a hatred for accomplished honorable conservatives can be taught to type and cut and paste crap from other nincompoops...

Either that... or it is a failed attempt at humor from a wannabe leftist comedienne...

Either way... it was a rather poignant un-pleasantry unfounded in fact, uncluttered with reality, and unable to to give rise to a giggle from the perspective of political humor...

But alas... it is becoming increasingly obvious I am paddling alone in a three-man canoe in an ocean of leftist leaning poor humor mongers (just barely in sight of other canoes carrying the thoughts of other conservatives that are also members here)... so it'll happen again... I'm sure of it.

If you find another joke on the web Bra... read it and at least give a cursory attempt to validate the information before you post it... just saying...

1 person likes this.
  6. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Already handled by Snopes:

snopes.com: Politicians Born After Roswell

My list of March 1948 births (subset from Wiki)

James Taylor, Billy Crystal, Wolf Blitzer, and ..... Al Gore!

From that, I conclude that Aliens are a pretty entertaining lot.

Jimmy Cliff arrived on April 1st (assuming that's no joke) so I guess his mom was just a bit overterm.

I admit that when reading the OP, it seemed a bit odd that Cheney and Quayle were of the same age. But I didn't immediately fact check. My excuse was that I was inflamed by that gratuitous sheep thing. So annoying.

7. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The Snopes article that you link to mentions that only Al Gore was born around the time of what a "Roswell" baby would be born at. The writer guesses that perhaps that Al Gore was the first politician that would be subject of the jab...that it then encompassed liberals and then got transfered to conservatives. Yeah....appears to be a bad, old joke, that has been in a full circle!

8. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    XVP Gore's BD is on the wiki page.

For me the joke goes full circle when someone (me perhaps) makes some connection between wooly sheep and Jimmy Cliff's dreds.

But no, as cousin Tony suggests we should focus our attention here on Aliens. They have gotten overwhelmingly bashed in film. Even when they look pretty good (Natasha Henstridge In 'Species'), whoa buddy, run quick.

9. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Well I don't think we have to worry about offending them with our silly entertainment. I personally don't believe in UFOs (the odds of an advanced alien race having developed the technology centuries before, and then finding us...a spec in outerspace....that's pretty astronomical). Besides, I like Warner Herzog's quote (In "Incident at Lochness")...where he asks: "Why is it that aliens only seem to rape overweight white women in America? You never hear of them raping anyone in a developing country." Then again, if aliens have been visiting us, I guess we know the White House will be the first building to go:eek: New York and then LA would be next...and then maybe they'll think they would have gotten all the world's centers: if they go by Hollywood movies at least:D

10. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Re: Proof...

Gotta watch that broad brush favorite tool of yours and your pals', Ammo, using up an entire paint store's inventory in deprecation like that, when your very own rock thrower last year thought it was a hoot and insulted those of us who didn't think so. Now you've gone and spilled the paint of Bozo all over him.

http://priuschat.com/forums/freds-house-politics/78746-roswell-now-you-know-rest-story.html

11. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Wait a minute! I was born after Roswell. :eek:

12. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a similar problem. Sometimes I get propositioned by ladies of questionable reputation who are prepared to offer me certain 'favours' in exchange for the cab fare. These 'ladies' seem to match the above description and are never ever foxy minx's or milfs. :( lol

I feel so violated! :eek:

13. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    How long after Roswell, Tony????

Might we have a bit of cheek DNA, just to make sure that you're pretty much terrestrial? Or, what does your blood do, confronted with a hot-wire loop? (ref The Thing, 1982)

This is getting way too fundamental. I'd like to make sure that all our PC bosses are 100% earthly. If not, where might this fine website take us?

To Serve Man ???

:eek:

+++
    GrumpyC makes an excellent point. An Alien (Y/N) quick-test kit is needed. Who here can provide it?

The taxi fares pass, then by all means let them take you for a ride.

14. rpatterman

rpatterman Thinking Progressive

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I demand to see their birth certificates!!!

Isn't it possible the aliens changed all their birth certificates?
    Have YOU seen the originals?

The aliens could have traveled back in time and changed the newspaper birth announcements.

And as OP, I apologize for my insult to sheep.

2 people like this.
  15. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    For crying out loud just look at the man . . . [​IMG] . . . you can't tell he's from outerspace?!?!? :rolleyes:

16. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Re: Proof...

I'm famous APK keeps track of my posts! This one posted almost a year ago! :rockon:

This is sad I've never seen anyone so obsessed in revenging a slight over a point of view, except for maybe Hyo, umm and Rosie perhaps MarinJohn oh what the hell liberals are all like this, that way in true liberal fashion your all whiners, I mean winners! :thumb:

17. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hear the rumor that Lady Gaga is an alien?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h47fNaOb-JU]YouTube - Lady Gaga - Poker Face - Parody ("Outer Space")[/ame]

2 people like this.
  18. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I don't think I've LOLed as much with a music parody as much as the original "What if god smoked canibus" parody:

I tried doing a quick google for it...but the more recent versions of this song are done by someone else. way way long time ago I got a mp3 of this song where the singer sounds exactly like Joan Osborne, but with the alternate lyrics.

19. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Probably would not suprize you Venetian Princess' fav artists include Weird Al. ;)

20. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Just goes to show that class is class:D Since all Weird Al is timeless, I'm sure Venetian Princess might even outlive Lady Gaga:eek::D