1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scheduled Northern Virginia / DC Metro Meetup

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by pkjohna, Jun 16, 2004.

1. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Since prius.meetup.com already has 5 confirmed for this Saturday we might as well join in rather than try to compete with a different location even though this is not an ideal location in my mind. I hope to schedule future times, dates, and locations based on discussion here but more weight will be given to those who show up at the meet!

I suggest gathering near the entrance since there is no suitable parking lot nearby to spot other Prii. I will be wearing a Prius Chat hat/baseball cap if it arrives in time.

697 Spring St
    Herndon, VA

When:

Saturday, June 19 @ 12:00PM

Meetup Location

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Let us know how it goes!

3. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The numbers weren't huge (6 were RSVP'd Friday evening but only 3 showed up) but I consider Saturday's gathering to be a success. I got to meet two fellow Prius owners who had connected through the prius.meetup.com process and I encouraged them to check out PC.

We had one Salsa Red, one Seaside Pearl, and one Black; there was some discussion along the lines of "that's the color I really wanted" I got a chance to see one of Coastal Dave's hitches up close on one Prius and admired the leather interior on the other and I had a chance to show of the work of Jon at PriusXM. By the way, my wife said she'd like to see meet other women so you women be sure to make an appearance next time okay?

It turns out that Jimmy's Tavern is a bit of a dive so we didn't actually patronize that establishment but there is a public parking area across Elden St. that allowed us to line the cars up for photo ops. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my digital camera that morning so I'm still waiting on pics from one of the other folks; I'll post a couple when I get them.

There was a consensus that the 3rd Saturday of the month was an acceptable time to meet unless it falls on a holiday weekend. I'll post a new topic to solicit suggestions for locations.

4. jkaplan

jkaplan New Member

I must have glossed over the posting for this one, but I have to speak up here. Jimmy's Old Town Tavern isn't a dive. It is a local place, but I don't know if I would say its dive (I guess it depends on your definition of dive). It is basically a Buffalo bar (Jimmy being from Buffalo, NY). Not being from Buffalo, I could take or leave some of the more northern type food. Jimmy is quite active in the community and with various charities and takes pride in his establishment.

I'm not associated with them, just didn't want people to get the wrong opinion of Jimmy's.