1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Schwarzenegger in Washington: Make Environment Sexy

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by hb06, Apr 12, 2007.

1. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    "However, he said what happens in California has impact around the globe, and among states and Canadian provinces that have become California's environmental partners."

"We're going to change the dynamic of greenhouse gas and carbon emissions ourselves," Schwarzenegger said. "We are not waiting for anyone, we are not waiting for the federal government or Washington."

http://www.enn.com/today.html?id=12563&ref=rss

2. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Arnold rocks. And I quote:

"Your political base will melt away as surely as the polar ice caps," he said. "... You will become a political penguin on a smaller and smaller ice floe that is drifting out to sea. Goodbye, my little friend! That's what's going to happen."

If only he had worked a quote from Commando in there. That'd have been perfect. :lol:

I wonder what An Inconvenient Truth would have been like it Arnold were the presenter and not Gore. :blink:
    Personally, I think Arnold will be a better spokesman because 1.) He's more animated than Gore and 2.) He's from "the other side". Gore is a bit of a lightening rod and evokes a certain stubbornness from the right even if he's right. They'd rather kill the messenger than listen to the message. Arnold, on the other hand, wouldn't have the same effect on the left because they agree with him on these points.