1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scientific Proof

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by daniel, May 24, 2006.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    A scientific experiment reported on pages 38 and 39 of The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster proves, conclusively, once and for all, that the pastafarian religion is more True than christianity:

Two people of similar height, weight, and intelligence were put on a 72-hour fast, to assure approximately equal starting conditions. At the end of that time, one of them was given Christian Communion, consisting of the body and the blood of Christ (a communion wafer and a sip of wine). The other was given the pastafarian communion, consisting of a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with tomato sauce. The physical condition of the two subjects was then evaluated by an independent evaluator, and it was found that the subject who had received the body and blood of Christ was listless, dull, and hungry, while the subject who had received the pastafarian communion was strong and well-fed.

Conclusion: The body and blood of Christ do not satisfy: they are empty and hollow and without substance for they represent a false god; however, the noodles of His Noodliness provide substantial sustenance, for He is the True God. QED.

2. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

We know, however, that we mustn't take ALL statistical correlations as 'gospel':

As reported on page 27, a 2005 study reports that ID supporters tend to have a lower IQ than the general population - and a significantly lower IQ than scientists. Obviously, this is merely a coincidence. Prophet Bobby agrees, and feels sure that ID believers are not necessarily as retarded as the data would suggest.

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Boy, do you have a chip on your shoulders or what!

4. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 24 2006, 04:09 PM) [snapback]260493[/snapback]</div>
    Pastafarian, eh? :lol:

5. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 24 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]260514[/snapback]</div>
    I found out recently that on the last day of school last year, my youngest brother's third grade teacher told the class that evolution was 'a load of horse poop.' The FSM brought me light (and humor) in dark times =)

6. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Proof? From daniel? Yeah, heard that one before. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny, I've always found that spaghetti without meatballs was also not as filling. I guess that proves your feeble attempt at a religion of a Flying Spaghetti Monster without meatballs is, um, a hollow meal.

The body and blood of Christ nourishes the soul, not the body.

Sounds like you are malnourished, both body and soul. :(

P.S. Still waiting for your reply on:
    “No semantics here. It is not against the law to enter without permission, and a person who enters undocumented has not broken any law. They cannot be charged with breaking any law. It is NOT against the laws of this country to be here undocumented.â€
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&showtopi...ndpost&p=248848

“To all who have remained civil in this debate: It is indeed illegal to aid and abet an undocumented immigrant, or to employ one. For the rest, I will not respond to the substantive point until I have had a chance to check with my original sources, as I left that office when I moved out of Fargo last fall. It won't happen this week, though, as I'll be out of town and away from the internet over the weekend.â€
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&showtopi...ndpost&p=249965

It has been over three weeks now, that weekend is long gone. What, they laughing at you on the phone and ignoring your emails?

7. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(geologyrox @ May 24 2006, 05:02 PM) [snapback]260527[/snapback]</div>
    That is frightening :eek:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ May 24 2006, 08:34 PM) [snapback]260636[/snapback]</div>
    Spaghetti is not a hollow meal. Ziti is a hollow meal.

8. yorkeyng

yorkeyng New Member

RAmen! I have a FSM emblem on my other car (2005 Volvo XC70) and need to order an additional one for my Prius so I can help spread the word!

9. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hey, I didn't invent this one. I'm just bringing the good news of His Noodliness from the church of FSM to the drivers of Priuses.

10. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Say, Sufferin, you know of course, that the only reason you don't float off into space and suffocate in the interplanetary vacuum is because the Flying Spaghetti Monster is holding you down with His Noodly Appendages. You'd better Pray that he doesn't let go of you! Either that, or start taking an oxygen tank with you wherever you go. Jesus & his dad & the ghost with holes are on the way out, and the FSM is on the way in. Meatballs or no, Pastafarianism is sweeping the world. Christianity and Islam call on their followers to die for their faith; Pastafarianism only calls on its followers to enjoy a good meal and wash it down with a nice cold beer, and that's a lot more appealing than martyrdom. The days of your faith are numbered. It no longer has anything to offer a seeker after Truth. Hallelujah! (Or perhaps I should say, Arrrrgghhh! Hoist the main t'gallant sail and weigh the anchor!)

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :huh: & here I thought I had heard everything, until Daniel pulls this out of his hat.. :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

12. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Pastafarianism is now an established religion. Belief in the FSM is spreading like wildfire.

I for one will remain a Christian. I take this whole "faith" in the Flying Spaghetti Monster with a grain of salt. And Pepper. And Oregano.

Nate

13. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

i have to admit... i feel the URGE to convert....

i must drink it's blood, which, hopefully, is more like Prego than Ragu... :ph34r:

14. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 24 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]260705[/snapback]</div>
    No, you didn't invent this one. You are just “bringing the good news” of a “faith” in which you object. You spread the word of things to which you morally object. And you spread the word of things which are incorrect. Sorry daniel, you my friend are a lost soul looking for something concrete to believe in.

I object to the portrayal of the Flying Spaghetti Monster with meatballs. I don't think the FSM has meatballs. Meatballs imply a tacit approval of the inhumane custom of eating ground up animals in your spaghetti. We vegetarians should form a splinter sect of Pastafarianism, called Pastaprimavarianism, in which the FSM has only vegetables, no meatballs. There is only one Flying Spaghetti Monster, and he has no meatballs!
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&showtopi...ndpost&p=258559

Maybe we Priuschatters can help daniel with the invention of a faith for which he can totally believe.

His Pastaprimavarianism occult is a good start . . . no meatballs, since he is a vegitarian.

larkinmj hit upon what I belive would be a good suggestion. Maybe his Flying Spaghetti Monster should be made of Ziti – a good metaphor for Pastaprimavarianism, because Ziti is hollow. Though, I think Ditali would make for a better analogy for daniel's deity . . . small, hollow, short-cut pasta tubes.

Another reason I think his Flying Spaghetti Monster should be made out of ditali or any of the other hollow pastas? Air.
    You know what happens when you swallow a lot of air. :eek:
    The nourishment daniel receives from the Flying Ditali Monster meal will help him leave a lasting, um, impression :huh: of the wonders of his lord, both during and after his proselytizing rants. Much like your uncouth ways now, daniel.

15. jmccord

jmccord New Member

Ohmygod... I think I finally found an acceptable religion - Pastafarianism!
    This is laugh out loud funny. :lol:

Praise the lord, and pass the angel hair!

16. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ May 25 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]260946[/snapback]</div>
    Please- don't forget the basil!

17. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    First they laugh at you.
    Then they persecute you.
    Then they join you.

The christians are a third of the way toward becoming Pastafarians. They are making fun of us now, which is okay because the FSM has a sense of humor. (Unlike their stuffy old Jehovah.) Next they'll persecute us, which is not so good, but pirates know how to fight back. And finally they'll join us and the world will be united under the noodly banner of the One True Religion and we can all sit down together, todays enemies, but soon to be brethren, and enjoy a big bowl of pasta together and a nice cold beer, and laugh at how silly they all were to believe in that ridiculous three-in-one god.

Friends, we are as good as united now. Sufferin and priusguy04 and windstrings, I love you all as the fellow congregants we are soon to be, wrapped in the embrace of His Noodly Appendages. Stop by my place any time and I'll whip up a big pot of pasta primavera and we'll make a run out to the store for some non-alcoholic beer and we'll don our pirate hats and we'll have a grand old time.

Aye, matey! I can feel the light.

18. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 25 2006, 09:43 PM) [snapback]261135[/snapback]</div>
    Well, we all have our own ways of observing. Rather than risking the possibility of offending the FSM by quaffing non-alcoholic beer, I will stick to the real stuff. :)

19. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 25 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]261135[/snapback]</div>
    Speaking of pirates, FSM disciples also believe that global warming is due to the shrinking number of pirates. This should end the ongoing PriusChat debate on what causes global warming-man or natural causes. You can plainly see from this graph, that it's the declining number of pirates! Aye, matey! Shiver me timbers!

[attachmentid=3611]

20. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 25 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]261140[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sure the FSM won't mind if I drink non-alcoholic beer. He's a tolerant god.