1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scion XB and Prius XMRadio Install

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by danmiller3, Apr 21, 2004.

1. danmiller3

danmiller3 Junior Member

Been working with San Francisco Toyota on the XMRadio kit install for the Prius (I know, I know, I should do it myself, but...). They were very interested in this and it turns out the install is very similar to that of the Scion XB.

Just an FYI for anyone who is reluctant to do it themselves and has a dealer that is also reluctant...

--Dan

2. mboileau

mboileau New Member

Dan, you're the second person here in the Bay Area on this board who's been reluctant to install it yourself. Believe me, I appreciate your concern since, as I've often said, I have trouble changing a tire.

I did, however, easily install the XM radio myself without any problems using the instructional DVD and taking my time.

Maybe we should get you and the other person, and any other locals interested in the XM install, together for a Saturday afternoon installation workshop!

3. danmiller3

danmiller3 Junior Member

Yeah, honestly, it's more about my comfort level in doing this type of thing on a new car, even if it's easy. And SF Toyota has been great to deal with so I'm kind of happy to have the dealer do it just for peace of mind. :D

I know I am a chump for paying them to do it... 8)

4. tencue

tencue New Member

I'm weary of tearing the dash apart as well. Saw the post of the dash in many pieces. Any other Bay Areas open to a Saturday "workshop?"

5. rflagg

rflagg Member

It's much worse than it looks - it probably was my dash torn apart you saw. I promise you anyone could put the dash back together from what it looked like there, to factory restored in 5 minutes or less. If you can put lego pieces together and take them apart, you can install the XM kit.

-m.

6. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

Can you take a pic. of the antenna and the receiver in the trunk?

I am eager to see those - thanks!

Chris :lol:

7. rflagg

rflagg Member

I'll put up a pic of the antenna tonight when I get home from work - the receiver I can't take a picture of because it's literally behind the carpet against the inside wall of the Prius. To give you the logistics of it, open up your hatch, and on the left side where the carpet curves back there's open space between the carpet and the metal sheet of the car - that's where the receiver goes (the kit mounts to the metal very securely, I might add).

-m.

8. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

thanks

Chris