1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

scosche line output converter help needed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Lavalamp, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After lots of searching and reading I found to add subs/amp to my car I needed a line output converter, and did lots of searching to find the correct diagram for my car.
    I connected everything up using what i believe were the right wires (red, black, yellow, white) and connected the "common ground/factory amp/line out" wire to a white ground wire (not sure if this was right but didn't know what else to do.
    also my converter seems to be a little backwards, the manual that came with it show the rca ouputs on the opposite side as the inputs (A1/A2/A3...), whereas mine are on the same side...
    but so everything is connected and my subs aren't amking any noise, any ideas?

2. svitale75

svitale75 Prius Addict

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What is the adapter model? I have a Scoche as well and had no issues hooking it up. Also what model/year is your Prius? I have some wiring diagrams that might help you on this. If your adapter has pots (potentiometers) make sure they are anywhere else than 0 :)

The common ground can be any ground wire.

skorpyo33 likes this.
  3. Davids23

Davids23 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I needed help to connect a coverter to my prius ii 2012 any ideas of what to buy or suggestions thanks
    Much appreciated

4. skorpyo33

skorpyo33 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Did u hv jbl speakers in your prius when hooking up that Scoche? I dont. 2010 prius. Was thinking about getting it. And hv u had any problems since?

5. DaButtDr

DaButtDr New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 2013 Prius with the JBL audio system. I am attempting to add an additional amp and sub to the rear of the vehicle. I cant seem to determine what wires to connect to for speaker output on the backside of the head unit. I am using the Scosche LOC2SL model. Any help would be greatly appreciated!