1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

scotch guard?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bob Allen, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi: Any ideas about how to keep my lovely beige "Ivory" interior relatively soil free? I was thinking of using Scotch Guard; anyone of you have a better idea? How well does the fabric resist soiling, and how easy does it clean up using normal upholstery cleaners?
    Bob

2. Fredo

Fredo Junior Member

There's a post in the Files section on Fabric care. I think this is from the upholstry monufacturer. I think the interior is supposed to be pretty stain resistant, but I Scotch Guarded mine anyway.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    According to john1701a, the fabric is very resistent as it comes from the factory. Somewhere on his web site he reports a nasty spill that left no trace.

4. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was concerned about the light interior in my Salsa Red but after doing a little research on Alcantra, the miracle fabric that Toyota chose for the '04 I decided against it. Take a look at the following site and their cleaning instructions.

http://www.gulffabrics.com/Alcantara.htm