1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scotchgard?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 718sail, Jan 18, 2008.

1. 718sail

718sail New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just got my pkg 2 Prius and was interested,amongst other things, has anyone Scotchgarded their interior?... or perhaps used some other upholstery protector, seat covers, armrest, carpets? I would hate to make a mess of the seats in a car thats a week old. I saw other threads that mention Scotchgard but none that have actually used it. Another post mentions 303 ? what is this and has anyone tried it? My first post, thanks in advance for thoughtful replies.

2. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I Scotchgarded mine the first week I had it. Its been just over two years now, and 51,000+ miles, and it seems to have worked well. I have the light beige interior, and I was afraid of it, having always had black, gray, or something darker than beige in all my other cars. I haul my bike regularly, putting towels under the bike, but the occasional brush against the seat backs with the bike tires, etc, have left no lasting marks. I applied 2 coats, a couple of hours apart, on a warm day, and left the windows down a little to vent the fumes. Just grab a spray can, and go for it. Even the door arm rests, and center console cover look good, considering I spend over 10 hours a week in my car!

3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    yes, I wish the prius had a dark gray interior instead of just light gray and beige. I have aftermarket rubber floor mats on top of my factory mats, as well as steering wheel cover and seat covers, but if I had known that those armrests were so easy to get dirty, i'd have definitely scotchguarded them too.

Use at least 2 coats of scotchguard on both the driver's door armrest and the center console cover armrest.

4. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I did mine with bisque interrior the first week. Used regular Scotchguard on seats and fabric; and the carpets with the carpet stuff. Some have said that the seats are already treated, but did them anyway. It has to help especially on arm rests and center console.