1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scrap or Salvage? (OKC area)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by labumm, Jan 25, 2022.

1. labumm

labumm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am looking for advice. Is my 2004 Prius scrap or would anyone be interested in the car for parts?

It is time to part with my 2004 Prius (package 9). 142k mi. not running. Everything is original except the tires and the aux battery. It had flakey combo display, which I replaced in 2018. It was running fine but ended up sitting for a while because of a flat tire. I inherited a 2010, so I have been driving that. Anyway, when I finally got around to dealing with the tire, the engine wouldn't start. I was still planning to get it back on the road, but a hail storm cracked the windshield and dented it up pretty good. So it is time to part with it.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Myself and some others would be interested, where are you located?

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You will likely find someone to take it off your hands on here if you identify what region you live in... But without that you'll be stuck with it as junk.

4. labumm

labumm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oklahoma City Area

SFO likes this.
  5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    That's too bad I was up in okmulgee many years ago and if I was there I would take it that car barely broke in good too bad it got dented up but be a good work vehicle no matter 142,000 shoot that's nothing.

6. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How many months since it last ran, and do you think a jump start (or new 12v) might get it going again?

Curious if there is any body rot or excessive undercarriage rust?

I'm interested, but can't start a conversation (or private message you), if you can start one with me that would be great.

#6 SFO, Jan 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  7. labumm

labumm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It hasn't run since fall 2018. It was running when I stopped driving it. I tried to get it going in 2019. Here is my Prius Chat post. You can take the notes from that.
    Clicking from HV batter area when attempting "ready" | PriusChat

Let me know if you are interested. I have contacted my insurance company with the hopes of getting some money out of the hail damage. Of course that will total the car. I am waiting to see what they offer. But the car will not improve with age just sitting there. I'd like to get more than the scrap value.

SFO likes this.
  8. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Try posting on Craigslist locally