1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scraped my Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by westofrome, Jul 13, 2005.

1. westofrome

westofrome New Member

OK, so I accidentally scraped my Prius (rear passenger door and the panel behind that) on a parking lot post, paint scraped off but no dents.

How much is this gonna cost me? I hope I won't have to have the door and panel replaced, only repainted?

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No dents? You lucked out! Someone hit my door and left a NASTY one, and I'm still nagging my husband to go pull it out 2 months later.

Go talk to a paint shop. They can repaint it for you. If it's not really bad they can just retouch it. But if it's extensive paint-scraping you'll probably have to repaint the panels.

Replacing the door and panel is a waste of perfectly good money.

3. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you just scraped paint from the object you hit onto your car, you can try rubbing it out with any good polish, like Menzerna Intensive Polish. The results can be surprisingly good if you did not damage your paint, but only rubbed foreign paint onto your finish. If you did scrape paint off of your car though, you're SOL and will have to get the panel repainted.

4. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Anywhere from $300-600. Why so much? They'll probably have to repaint the whole door and entire panel so the paint matches the whole car.