1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

scratch removal

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by FishHawk, Mar 22, 2008.

1. FishHawk

FishHawk New Member

I tried a scratch removal product which took a some of the minor scratches but wondered if I should just try a good polish to remove some of the deeper scratches? I got the scratches trying to remove bird droppings on my car. Seems as if the birds like the dark gray Prius color to crap on. FishHawk

2. nfschlaack

nfschlaack Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    GS27 Automotive Scratch Remover

I have used this product on more than one occasion, and it does work. But there are some asterisks. If it is a surface scratch, it works beautifully. However, if the scratch has gone completely through the paint layer down to the primer, it doesn't work. Now for the surface scratches, after you use it, there is a bit of a haze if you look at it from an angle. This usually goes away after using a polish on the affected area. If you look straight down at it, the scratch truly does disappear. I would only use this on bonafide surface scratches, not swirl marks. I think there are better techniques to remove those than to use this scratch remover.

Good luck.