1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

scratches in the black plastic on dash

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dachshund, Aug 31, 2006.

1. dachshund

dachshund New Member

Does anyone know how to remove scratches from the shiny black plastic pieces on the dash? My car came with one in the section under the cd player. I figure I'll also add some of my own over time, and wondered if anyone has found a solution.

I'd mention it to the dealer, but I'm afraid they'll make it worse. :(

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Meguiar's sells a product called "Plast-X" to remove scratches from plastic. It is safer than their Scratch-X product that is used for scratches on clear coat. I used it on the cup holder plastic in the center console and it worked great. Now it will depend on the severity of the scratches. My scratches were very mild. It's not like there was a groove carved in the plastic. You should be able to find Meguiar's Plast-X at PepBoys, Kragen or other automotive stores.

3. itrekrm

itrekrm Trekker

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a couple of scratches on the "flat black" main dash. The scratches are light grey in color. I caused the scratches with a sharp metal object. Suggestions?