1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

scratches

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tgpii, May 4, 2014.

1. tgpii

tgpii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I got a few scratches on the hood of my silver 2012 Toyota Prius C. Any tips on how to get them out? :confused:

2. Add me to the "I have a scratch" list, I dinged the paint by dropping an iPod shuffle (metal corners) on mine. :(

3. tgpii

tgpii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I can out one day in the snowy winter and notice to pairael lines on the hood.

4. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

+1

5. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Wax will cover some up. Hand washing will prevent machine wash scratches.

Having had a number of new cars in the past (several with black paint), I know the agony of the first scratches. Winter ice removal and machine washes cause most, and the only way to get the big ones out is to buff them out. That is difficult for the untrained. Best to hand wash and wax a lot. The new spray on/wipe off waxes work well and are way too easy to apply. I wax each panel two or three times and then go on the next panel.

6. tgpii

tgpii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I tried some scratch remover (looks like wax in a fancy bottle) and hand buffed real hard. The scratches kind of came out. I can still see them just not as much.