1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Screen Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by lex, Nov 7, 2008.

1. lex

lex 2010 trim level V Prius & a 2005, always garaged

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    We're having problems with the information screen on the dashboard, specifically the two screens that show a) the mileage you are getting and b) the relationship of gas engine and electricity are not coming up. They are blank. Also the heater/AC screen only stays on for about 15 seconds and then goes blank. Has anyone had this issue or am I perhaps just missing something very basic here.

I called the dealer and asked if they had dealt with this problem before or if there were any factory bulletins on this issue. He said he did not know but I would have to bring it in and there would be an initial charge of $110 to find out what the problem was. I'll tell them later how absurd they are. The problem might be rectified by hitting a reset button and take them two minutes.

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Someone has turned off the display.
    Press the display button top right of the display and make sure it is on. It is detailed in the hand book how to get it on, sorry I can't remember off hand. Maybe you need to hold in the display button for a few seconds I don't remember.

There was an issue with 04 and 05 models where the screen displayed the information templates but no information displayed and the audio display said the audio was off even when it was on and in the AC screen it would say there was no signal from the AC or something like that. If this is your problem http://priuschat.com/forums/care-maintenance-troubleshooting/33923-mfd-issues-04-05-prius.html

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The symptom of the screen coming on for 15 seconds and then going blank does sound as though someone has turned off the screen. It's been a while since I've seen this but I believe there is a setting in which the screen will show for a while and then turn itself off again. I can't remember how to get it or change it off the top of my head.

Welcome to PriusChat, Lex :welcome:
    Please check your profile and add information about your Prius. This helps us identify potential issues and offer specific resolutions. Certain systems and sub-systems have changed over the years which directly impact the steps taken to resolve an issue (or identify that it's a setting and not an actual issue).

Let us know if/how you resolve it.

4. lex

lex 2010 trim level V Prius & a 2005, always garaged

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thank you for your input. The display does function, but two screens are not coming up any more. They are: a)the mileage you are getting and b) the relationship of gas engine and electricity screens. I'm not familiar with 15 sec-then-blankness issue you've mentioned. That is not the issue I am am currently having.

5. butchbs1985

butchbs1985 Taking things apart is fun!

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Do you the screens come up but show no data? Sometimes when I turn mine on, I don't get data on those two screens. I just decided that it was a software glitch since it still happens after Toyota replaced my MFD under warranty. ('04 - '05 issue. The TSB is around somewhere).